Not open for further replies.

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I have a question for you @Randy Holmes-Farley

Since small weekly water changes work to grow corals, why would one assume that dosing moonshiners would not work because certain elements deplete rapidly? Won’t the elements deplete regardless if added via water changes or bottled products?

I’m reading a lot of concerns about Mn depleting very rapidly (hours?) I don’t think anyone has a method of supplying these elements in a constant supply.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calcium high because the salt?
Tropic Marin pro for about 2 years. Fritz before that. It's always been a little high. I'm not worried about it. Nothing detrimental with it. Contrary to popular opinion but corals will adapt if it's not totally swinging all over the place. I run my SG a little high also. Look at the oceans all over the world. Different parameters here and there. No one knows which one their corals came from.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropic Marin pro for about 2 years. Fritz before that. It's always been a little high. I'm not worried about it. Nothing detrimental with it. Contrary to popular opinion but corals will adapt if it's not totally swinging all over the place. I run my SG a little high also. Look at the oceans all over the world. Different parameters here and there. No one knows which one their corals came from.
I ran at 450 for a while. No problems that I noticed.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a matter of fact the Red Sea is very high in SG. Algae has a hard time living in it.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you heard about the TMP coming out of Turkey?

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't take much of what I read on here as the gospel. Kinda like Facebook false news. One has to decipher everything.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't take much of what I read on here as the gospel. Kinda like Facebook false news. One has to decipher everything.
True that, but I know that guy was around on RC 10+ years ago if I remember correctly. He probably isn’t too far off. Especially since he mentioned it coming up several times in the BRS group. I don’t know personally, but I’d investigate it a bit more just to be sure.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway... To get back on topic here.
I haven't needed to use the support that Moonshiners gives. I just do as the program says and have no issues. But.... How nice is it to have that support and be able to reach out to Andre himself? How many companies that ask for your money do that these days?
How many companies have the actual owner available to us reefers?

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True that, but I know that guy was around on RC 10+ years ago if I remember correctly. He probably isn’t too far off. Especially since he mentioned it coming up several times in the BRS group. I don’t know personally, but I’d investigate it a bit more just to be sure.
I will. TMP was having a hard time keeping up with demand. They may have started to outsource.
Maybe not a good thing for us.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway... To get back on topic here.
I haven't needed to use the support that Moonshiners gives. I just do as the program says and have no issues. But.... How nice is it to have that support and be able to reach out to Andre himself? How many companies that ask for your money do that these days?
How many companies have the actual owner available to us reefers?
Not to mention, the guy doesn’t take a dime or sponsorship from anybody.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will. TMP was having a hard time keeping up with demand. They may have started to outsource.
Maybe not a good thing for us.
I’m just using regular old IO again. Was using the IORC, but it’s a bit elevated.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just using regular old IO again. Was using the IORC, but it’s a bit elevated.
I don't like any salt with elevated level's. Especially in the alk range. I just did a Google search about tpm in turkey. Didn't find much. If it was a real problem something would show up. I did find where they are outsourcing to Turkey though. Ill keep an eye on things in my tank to be sure.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like any salt with elevated level's. Especially in the alk range. I just did a Google search about tpm in turkey. Didn't find much. If it was a real problem something would show up. I did find where they are outsourcing to Turkey though. Ill keep an eye on things in my tank to be sure.
That is the only thing I hate about IO. Both are elevated in ALK. I have to drop the ALK. The Seachem acid buffer works quite well. Just as good as acid. You just have to run an air-stone for a few hours to get the pH back up or just do the water change the next day.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I don't take anything BRS says without a grain of salt. Especially now with their new found wealth and aquisitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back