Status
Not open for further replies.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mud where I collect fish and peps has the most life in between the jetty’s. However, it probably has the most pests too.
I’ll probly go to a tide pool for some sand , they are so many nems / hermits and other things. The nems are out of water for hours at a time and look like rocks lol they squirt water at you if you touch them

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll probly go to a tide pool for some sand , they are so many nems / hermits and other things. The nems are out of water for hours at a time and look like rocks lol they squirt water at you if you touch them
You're on the Pacific. Hawaii shares the same water. I'd collect there before I would here. It is possible to get some contaminates, but I've been collecting for years and a couple friends of mine and none of us have had issues. I haven't had anything crazy pop up on ICP yet. I try to collect where there's the least amount of people swimming or hanging around. Of course there's ships delivering into our port, but so far I've been lucky.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back to topic.

I forgot to mention, another reason why ATI was chosen was because the tools are sequenced in the same way the test results are shown. This avoids searching during comparison and data entry. Also, there is no converting units between ppm. ppb, mg/L, or mcg/L. The Major Trace's are shown in mg/L (basically ppm) and Minor's are in mcg/L (basically ppb).

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can keep Vermetid snails out.....:p
I never quarantine. I don't dip corals, never had Vermetid snails. I don't run UV. I'm not going to run a sterile tank. I don't have a lid on my tank. I'm aux naturale. Healthy fish and corals have I.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never quarantine. I don't dip corals, never had Vermetid snails. I don't run UV. I'm not going to run a sterile tank. I don't have a lid on my tank. I'm aux naturale. Healthy fish and corals have I.
You have a pic of the tank?

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20211110_170521370.jpg

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s your primary method of supplementation?
Moonshiners. Calcium reactor. I dose iodine daily along with manganese. I dose cobalt, iron and chromium weekly. Only because it calls for such a low dose. .1 ml each Sunday. What ICP test calls for I dose according to the moonshiners calculator. Nothing more...... Nothing less.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates.....4
Phosphate....... 08
I try to keep my alk at....7-7.5
Calcium always runs a little high....around 450
Magnesium around 1300
I do keep strontium a touch higher.
Potassium I find is a key also. I adjust as the ICP results show. Sometimes add that before the test results come in.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moonshiners. Calcium reactor. I dose iodine daily along with manganese. I dose cobalt, iron and chromium weekly. Only because it calls for such a low dose. .1 ml each Sunday. What ICP test calls for I dose according to the moonshiners calculator. Nothing more...... Nothing less.
Nano/Pump version on the Cobalt, Iron, Manganese, Chromium, elements?

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a Calcium Reactor too. This goes back to what I was saying earlier. A CaRx isn’t the be all end all solution to dosing a reef tank like many people think. It definitely adds back more than most 2-part dosing, but there’s still elements that will be low or become depleted.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates.....4
Phosphate....... 08
I try to keep my alk at....7-7.5
Calcium always runs a little high....around 450
Magnesium around 1300
I do keep strontium a touch higher.
Potassium I find is a key also. I adjust as the ICP results show. Sometimes add that before the test results come in.
Calcium high because the salt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back