Status
Not open for further replies.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the only thing I hate about IO. Both are elevated in ALK. I have to drop the ALK. The Seachem acid buffer works quite well. Just as good as acid. You just have to run an air-stone for a few hours to get the pH back up or just do the water change the next day.
This is all from the days when everyone insisted on higher alk. The salt companies haven't responded well to natural sea water conditions. Red Sea anyone???

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find it odd how there’s very few salt brands that have like perfect parameters.

8A6BD34A-92C2-4CDB-B231-A85D80ABC578.jpeg

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Natural seawater Alk is 6.5 - 7. It leaves a buffer for mistakes. When one runs Alk up around 10 there is no buffer for mistakes. Almost like running ULN. No room for error. Stuff can go wrong real fast and real bad.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Natural seawater Alk is 6.5 - 7. It leaves a buffer for mistakes. When one runs Alk up around 10 there is no buffer for mistakes. Almost like running ULN. No room for error. Stuff can go wrong real fast and real bad.
Yeah exactly that’s why I’ve never liked ULN.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s another graph. Not sure how accurate these are, but it looks close on some that I’ve used.

EDC777BA-E7CB-47FC-8480-2E2FA1DB287C.png
iwas using Fritz because of the Alk at 7. But switched to TPM because it had great reviews. Same Alk.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It kinda amazes me how adaptable corals are. I rarely see anyone ask about parameters when they are purchasing corals. They just buy them. They may be from a tank with 10 Alk and yours is 7 or 8. But they survive and thrive. Especially with aquacultured. Maricultered is another story. This only proves that keeping corals for years in our tanks works.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been having great results with RM. One thing I have yet to figure out is I'm spot on for the dailies and other elements but man every time I get the ICP back I'm always way low on boron and bromine. I had to dose 420 ML the last 2 times for boron alone.

I have been wanting to ask Andre about it, one thing I do not like for those of us who do not have or use Facebook for questions/support.

Another thing I noticed after switching to moonshiners is coraline algae really took off, even on my new 300 it's already growing fast.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been having great results with RM. One thing I have yet to figure out is I'm spot on for the dailies and other elements but man every time I get the ICP back I'm always way low on boron and bromine. I had to dose 420 ML the last 2 times for boron alone.

I have been wanting to ask Andre about it, one thing I do not like for those of us who do not have or use Facebook for questions/support.

Another thing I noticed after switching to moonshiners is coraline algae really took off, even on my new 300 it's already growing fast.
I too use a lot of both. I don't care I dose it.
I also hate the Facebook thing as I don't use Facebook either. I'm sure you can contact him through his website.

And yeah.... I was having trouble growing Coraline before going Moonshine and now it's growing like mad.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yep, and just think of the guy who says I don’t need an ICP my tank is doing just fine. He might be missing 420 mL’s of Boron and not even know it!

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too use a lot of both. I don't care I dose it.
I also hate the Facebook thing as I don't use Facebook either. I'm sure you can contact him through his website.

And yeah.... I was having trouble growing Coraline before going Moonshine and now it's growing like mad.
The only reason I’ve had FB twice was to get into the group. Social media is a waste of time if it’s not reef related. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back