ReeFi LED Uno - Testing Soon

Vwluv10338

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some get a little aggravated with me if I don't respond to their posts. The reason is simple - getting an answer to a single question can take hours of work in the lab. While gathering data for you, I realized the possibility of another experiment. It never ends. LOL.

I’m sure more people that just the one that ask the question appreciate it. That was perfect for me because my girlfriend wants to go more 10k light on our 4’ 120g build and I have two Uno’s in order for it. I wasn’t sure if their programming had 10/15/20k settings like the Radions do so your posting was extremely helpful.

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure more people that just the one that ask the question appreciate it. That was perfect for me because my girlfriend wants to go more 10k light on our 4’ 120g build and I have two Uno’s in order for it. I wasn’t sure if their programming had 10/15/20k settings like the Radions do so your posting was extremely helpful.
Thank you. The new testing tank needs a couple of hours' work before I can fill it. I decided to go with measurements every 2 inches on center, opposed to the older way (3" OC). This will give a better idea of light distribution but obviously increases lab time. I've got to get busy - have a Zoom interview concerning lighting, and I promised new lab results. Why do I do this??? LOL.

Vwluv10338

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. The new testing tank needs a couple of hours' work before I can fill it. I decided to go with measurements every 2 inches on center, opposed to the older way (3" OC). This will give a better idea of light distribution but obviously increases lab time. I've got to get busy - have a Zoom interview concerning lighting, and I promised new lab results. Why do I do this??? LOL.

Can you explain your 10k readings a bit to me? I don’t exactly understand the distance and PAR you were getting at the spectrum. You said it in 10k it was 1000 PAR at 6.75”? Since your tank is not done was that just in the air? Since the blues are turned down so far to make 10k I’m trying to figure out if this will make enough PAR for my needs since I already have two on order. The reading they posted on the cube tank running all Chanel’s at 100% make me think I could turn it down 50% and be fine but to make 10k the blue is way down.

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you explain your 10k readings a bit to me? I don’t exactly understand the distance and PAR you were getting at the spectrum. You said it in 10k it was 1000 PAR at 6.75”? Since your tank is not done was that just in the air? Since the blues are turned down so far to make 10k I’m trying to figure out if this will make enough PAR for my needs since I already have two on order. The reading they posted on the cube tank running all Chanel’s at 100% make me think I could turn it down 50% and be fine but to make 10k the blue is way down.
Those PAR measurements were 'air' readings and what you'd expect to see at the water's surface when the light is at 6.75" above. To be fair, the blue LED outputs can be intensified some. Of course this will raise the K, but, at least to my eye, the changes in K are subtle and have to be measured by a meter. This applies to any LED luminaire that is weighted towards the blue end of the spectrum.

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update Dana?
Any update Dana?
The 'couple of hours' that I mentioned to get the new test tank has turned into days of work. The RubberMaid tub changes shape when filled with water, so the egg crate grid had to be trimmed. I got the new support for the light essentially completed Tuesday. Planning (knock on wood) to test Friday.

SuperSaiyanTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at the specs on the Uno and it seems very heavy in the violet spectrum. My goal would be to match the AB+ spectrum and still get good PAR. @Dana Riddle can you comment on the violet and possibility of matching AB+?

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at the specs on the Uno and it seems very heavy in the violet spectrum. My goal would be to match the AB+ spectrum and still get good PAR. @Dana Riddle can you comment on the violet and possibility of matching AB+?
This will take some research on my part. My mother is in ICU with congestive heart failure, so it might be a while.

JW3500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. Im following as I am looking for some lights for my standard 150 gallon lps/softy reef. Great Information so far, thanks.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a spectral chart of the AB+ available? I no longer have the Radion G5.

7_small.jpg

The text doesn't exactly match the graph though.

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a seat of the pants analysis this morning... The spectral graph for the AB+ shows a spike at ~660nm, something the Uno cannot so since it relies on the amber, cool and warm LEDs to provide red light. This isn't a bad thing, just a different approach. Let me take a look after I get all my chores done.

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on this? I’m curious what the par and distribution for this light is going to be like.
I have the report completed and need to get it uploaded. If you have Word, I'll send the article to you.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back