ReeFi LED Uno - Testing Soon

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my 8 Reefi Unos. Amazing lights, everything pops!

jsPU9HG.jpg

opeKaQB.jpg
Here are my 8 Reefi Unos. Amazing lights, everything pops!

jsPU9HG.jpg

opeKaQB.jpg

Beautiful tank!!

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added 2 more Unos... now running 6 on a 48"x35"x20". Love how I can change the front to rear spread as opposed to having a fixed 2 puck design. I can really cover the whole depth of the tank now...have sps from front to back. The T slots in the 2040 mounts hide the wires well too.
Looks awesome! That's really deep front to back NICE. I have 8 for a new DT which will be 60" wide 28" front to back and 24" tall. I am thinking 2 centered 20" apart and then 3 towards the front and 3 towards the back like you have. I may tweak slightly and have the outer 2 on each side a little more towards the sides of the tank after watching the BRS videos on light placements.

ocboat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone care to share their program for the Uno? I'm having a hard time dialing in a crisp blue/white color without pink/lavender creeping in. Thanks.

RhinoNM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my Day Peak settings and have the highest amount of white. Back off the Violet a bit to reduce the Pink. These things throw out so much PAR you can play around with the settings. FYI if you do not have a PAR meter be careful of the 400nm & 420nm. They dont add much visible light but contribute to PAR big time.

Attachments

• Uno Settings.png
    Uno Settings.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 331

ocboat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I'll try those when my lights ramp up a bit more. I currently have a par meter so this will be a good time to dial them in.

newfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! What mounting height do you recommend?

I have it at 10.5inch above the water. Here is the PAR reading with Default LPS Photo Mode at 148W per light, which is ~80% of the max power. With 6 Unos versus 2, you'll have more overlap and higher PAR reading. My tank is 16inch deep, and the Top of the rock, versus glass bottom is maybe 6inch. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• par default LPS.PNG
    par default LPS.PNG
    692.2 KB · Views: 312
  • light setting.PNG
    light setting.PNG
    49 KB · Views: 228

akaimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those Tenuis videos look familiar

I have it at 10.5inch above the water. Here is the PAR reading with Default LPS Photo Mode at 148W per light, which is ~80% of the max power. With 6 Unos versus 2, you'll have more overlap and higher PAR reading. My tank is 16inch deep, and the Top of the rock, versus glass bottom is maybe 6inch. Hope this helps.
Thank you! 6 vs 2? you mean 2 for48" X 24" area right?

Hunter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving the lights so far. Have 3 over a 75 gallon 36"x24" x 20" height. Planning on doing mostly stony corals. Attached is my my schedule which is similar to some duo extreme ones I saw on another thread, but I adjusted it to add more whites since the Unos are much more blue/purple. I don't have a par meter on hand, but I'm seeing strong growth on my seratioporas and stylophoras on the side halfway down and the chalice 1/3 from the bottom on the side.

The photo makes it look way more blue/purple than actuality. I need to get one of the phone camera filters to help with the colors.
Capture.PNG
IMG_5949.jpg

Attachments

• Hunter_Reefi_Uno.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

akaimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mounted mine a little high because I made a miscalculation when I ordered the 2040 aluminum. It is about 12.5 inches above the water in this picture. When I put them over my sps I will go for 10 or 11 inches.
any recommendation on where to purchase 2040? I am always so overwhelmed with all the parts and t slot sizes when I go on some of those sites. What do you recommend I get? Thank you!

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
any recommendation on where to purchase 2040? I am always so overwhelmed with all the parts and t slot sizes when I go on some of those sites. What do you recommend I get? Thank you!

personally, I think they are weak. Good for the Uno but not good for the duo extremes.

the fake piece that connects the 2040 is super sketchy.

I mounted all my Reefi LED’s from the ceiling.
I planned to cut a hole in the ceiling and place a 2x4 but I got super lucky on both my tanks, I hit studs on both! I had to triple check because I didn’t think I could coincidentally hit 3 studs (2 Duo & 1 Uno).

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back