ReeFi LED Uno - Testing Soon

akaimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
personally, I think they are weak. Good for the Uno but not good for the duo extremes.

the fake piece that connects the 2040 is super sketchy.

I mounted all my Reefi LED’s from the ceiling.
I planned to cut a hole in the ceiling and place a 2x4 but I got super lucky on both my tanks, I hit studs on both! I had to triple check because I didn’t think I could coincidentally hit 3 studs (2 Duo & 1 Uno).
Thank You! How did you attach the fixture to the 2X4? Do you need any additional attachment to make sure there is extra spacing for ventilation? Did you screw it directly on to the 2X4?

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank You! How did you attach the fixture to the 2X4? Do you need any additional attachment to make sure there is extra spacing for ventilation? Did you screw it directly on to the 2X4?
Best to cutout the drywall with a dremel or something similar that cuts thinner than the drywall knife.
Place 2x4 or 2x2 (use a premium 2x2, not flimsy pine at HD/Lowe’s). Try and drill a pilot hole then run a screw through so you don’t split the 2x_.
the drywall cutout will screw into the newly inserted 2x_ and tighten screw enough to make the drywall flush w/each other (use two 2” drywall screws). Mud around drywall cutout and over drywall screws, quick hand sand once dried and paint if need be.

screw whatever hanging kit you want into the the 2x_, starting with a pilot hole…

personally, the small L inserts are equivalent to a butterfly anchor in direct drywall, I’d actually take my chances with the butterfly over the 2040 insert. If the insert were metal, that’s a different ball game!

I don’t need to worry about ventilation as my home has the AC on 24/7 set to 71*.
i screwed directly into the 2x4’s.

construction tip, if the screw head touches the drywall and it still spins on a low setting, you missed the stud. Also, try not to mount anything vertical to an outlet, light switch or anything electrical.

Hopefully you understand all the stuff I wrote, it may seem overwhelming but it’s actually easy money.

Back