Reefing Black Friday & Cyber Monday: What are you looking for?

What Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals are you looking for? (check all)

• Equipment

Votes: 312 65.8%
  • Drygoods

Votes: 110 23.2%
  • Fish

Votes: 110 23.2%
  • Coral

Votes: 177 37.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Nothing

Votes: 52 11.0%

• Total voters

LPS Bum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see a retailer lop a "zero" off the price of a Clarion Angel for my large FOWLR. :)

Failing that, I'd take a nice discount on a master Scoly.

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted coral because I think I have all of the equipment I need at this phase of my build. It's just time to let things bake, as it were.

The only concern I have re: coral is the cold weather and shipping issues that might arise. I've been trying to exclusively shop at my LFSs, but they don't have some of the inventory items I am most interested in adding to my tank. Namely, an interesting specimen of chalice, some of the lighter (blue/green) acans, cyphastrea, and pavonas.

One LFS has had regular stock of "God's torch" euphyllia glabrescens. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll stock a single head or something and I can pick one up. They really do appear stunning in person; photos always pale in comparison.

Spartan1218

Lost on Aisle 18
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone completely new to the hobby, I will be setting up my first tank this holiday season. I'll definitely be on the hunt for good deals on the right equipment and goods to help me set up a great environment for the livestock.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I think they should raffle off someone at @SaltwaterAq to come and "put together" my GHL profilux 4e starter set for me and make everything work! I'm a little intimidated by it.....

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted "nothing" because the only thing I really need is a controller for an AI Sol, and they seem next to impossible to find ;Facepalm
Here, I hope this helps :)

astiesi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where to start... skimmer, lighting, powerheads, controller... only things I currently have are the tank, sump, stand, return pump, and rock. Hoping to shorten that list greatly during the Black Friday sales.

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@LiveFreeAndReef is that what you need?

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You rock. I came across this vendor yesterday but was unsure if they were legit. I reached out to them, thank you! I only paid $75 for the light so the controller will be the more expensive part, but being able to control the light is priceless haha

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You rock. I came across this vendor yesterday but was unsure if they were legit. I reached out to them, thank you! I only paid $75 for the light so the controller will be the more expensive part, but being able to control the light is priceless haha
Thanks, and awesome!

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing. This is a time for family so any sales items I get will be for the wife or kids. I also tell all of them to buy me nothing reefing/freshwater related for me. I spend enough through out the year.

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LiveFreeAndReef is that what you need?
Yep! It only gives me the option for a local pickup when I check-out so I reached out to them to see if they can ship it to me. I'm about 1,400 miles away from their shop so a pickup is not gonna happen. Though I may get to the point where it's my only option haha

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're coming up on the biggest shopping weekend of the year and the saltwater aquarium hobby is no exception when it comes to this special shopping time! We all love great deals in this hobby and we're hoping that this year will be the best we've seen. But then again it all depends on what you're needing and looking for! Let's talk about it!

1. What aquarium equipment are you looking to get a good deal on during Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

2. If you could get a deal on livestock what would you love to see discounted?

Remember that sponsors are watching and maybe they will hear your requests and honor them!

bigstock-Hand-Holding-Cellphone-With-Bl-436164533.jpg
New aquriam, my current is 200 litre in lounge, I'm looking into 300 litre for kitchen or less, size matters due to space, I have enough height but not so much length. Not this sale but after Christmas will be good

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back