Reefing Black Friday & Cyber Monday: What are you looking for?

What Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals are you looking for? (check all)

• Equipment

Votes: 312 65.8%
  • Drygoods

Votes: 110 23.2%
  • Fish

Votes: 110 23.2%
  • Coral

Votes: 177 37.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Nothing

Votes: 52 11.0%

• Total voters

jkcoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the once a year discounts on MAP items - MAP is such BS, won't buy without it being on sale; which seems to only happen on BF

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're coming up on the biggest shopping weekend of the year and the saltwater aquarium hobby is no exception when it comes to this special shopping time! We all love great deals in this hobby and we're hoping that this year will be the best we've seen. But then again it all depends on what you're needing and looking for! Let's talk about it!

1. What aquarium equipment are you looking to get a good deal on during Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

2. If you could get a deal on livestock what would you love to see discounted?

Remember that sponsors are watching and maybe they will hear your requests and honor them!

bigstock-Hand-Holding-Cellphone-With-Bl-436164533.jpg
Throw it back at you @revhtree ...

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping is going to be a disaster after Black Friday. No more live sales for me after this weekend. Time to refill my bar for the Holidays so my tanks will be on auto pilot until next year. Also there's plenty of Scotch and Bourbon to be squirreled away as well. I did plenty of stocking up over the summer with Marine Depot to last me a long time.

AustinBabler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deals on Hanna checkers or the new all in one thing that just came out. Then possibly looking at adding some power heads. Always ready to get a good buy on some coral and livestock too. I’m on the hunt for a tang or 2.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Abyzz A200 return pump and plumbing to totally redo my returns.

Seachelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just getting my first tank this week, so I'll be needing most everything equipment wise. I'm trying to hold off on some of the major purchases until Black Friday for the deals. I'd really love a good deal on a Kessil Ap9x, a good Sicce pump and a skimmer.

Any suggestions as to what vendors typically have the best deals on equipment?

Sshannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a sale on AI Hydra 26's, along with battery backups that will fit a return pump for an innovative marine 20 fusion. Doesn't seem like anyone makes a pump small enough at this time that will fit its dimensions. That and Controller compatible nano ATO's that aren't made by Coralvue (my last coralvue ATO failed several times and killed some corals).

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
1. What aquarium equipment are you looking to get a good deal on during Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

Additives such as aquaforest, etc and possible Ai Lighting

2. If you could get a deal on livestock what would you love to see discounted?

Coral and shipping. Also, considering that we as aquarists were here to support our companies and suppliers during covid when economic issues faced us - I feel with this being a 4 day event once a year- Discounts should be higher than the typical 10-15% we see Every year

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Equipment. After some delays the past year finally starting to buy equipment as I finalize my build design and custom cabinet design…like Johnny Cash song “One piece at a time”. But I think it’s going to cost more than a dime…LOL

optionrj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never see any killer deals on fish (maybe it’s just me? Lol) I’ve been looking to add to my new tank and all the cool fish are extremely expensive or out of stock! Time for a flash fish sale!!

Supa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope for some good sales on equipment. Need to replace heater and skimmer. Would lovesome coral but not a fan of live sales, maybe someone will do a old school flat discount rate on site...
I find the live sales will have the same coral on the website after the sale, some of the stuff is gone but a lot is marked down and in stock without having to race to click buy it now. You may want to check the site soon as the live sale is over

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back