Reefing books?

  • Thread starter Thread starter austin55
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

austin55

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2014
Messages
150
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty new to the whole saltwater game and would love to find a book or two to help me learn more about reefing anyone have any suggestions?
 
I liked The Conscientious Marine Aquarist.
 
Conscientious Marine Aquarist (Fenner), natural reef aquarium (tullock), nano-reef handbook (bright well), and reef aquarium vol 1,2,3 (delbeek and sprung) all good imo however 1,2,3 are pricey for some reason.
 
I would recommend that you go into the Reef Chemistry forum, then into Randy's Reef Chemistry articles sticky, and read all of his reef chemistry articles.
 
Conscientious Marine Aquarist (Fenner), natural reef aquarium (tullock), nano-reef handbook (bright well), and reef aquarium vol 1,2,3 (delbeek and sprung) all good imo however 1,2,3 are pricey for some reason.

Agreed, along with the Moe book. There's also a little book called 'What Invertebrates' by Lougher that's great for deciding how to stock your tank.
 
711tLjArTOL.jpg


I started with the orginal issue of the this book. You can not go wrong with one of Martin's books he writes so that you can understand the subject.

http://www.amazon.com/Marine-Aquarium-Handbook-Martin-Moe/dp/0982026218/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8
 
All GREAT reads ^above^ and have all of them and then some.... lol

IMG_20141202_135151321.jpg



Cheers, Todd
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new