Reefing newbie !! Happy to be here

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rickyreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rickyreef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 14, 2019
Messages
50
Reaction score
126
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys !! My name is Ricardo. I’m from Cancun Mexico and I just started my firsta saltwater tank. I’ve had fish tanks before but never saltwater. My dad used to have 2 at a time and really loved them so I grew up with fish, we always wanted to do a saltwater tank but back in the day there was no info on it, even the only fish store that used to be in cancun didn’t have any saltwater fish or products.
I started a 10g nano tank and in really happy and obsessed with it ! Already Plan on getting a 40g tank on March. But I would like to get ny 10g as mature as possible. All tips are welcome.
Parameters are stable my alk is just a bit high on 11.7, and I haven’t really tested for phosphates, the only thing I have trouble is with temperature since I don’t have a chiller and my tunze cooling fan does all the work. But tank swings a lot from 77 to 79 degrees. My future 50g is definitely getting one.
thanks a lot guys and happy reefing! One day in and already loving the forum. Sorry bout bad quality photos I’m getting a filter for my camera as well.

9B9EFA85-93DF-4027-AFBC-EF2D41E0113B.jpeg 53256242-7BDB-465D-A88F-F276935FE5F6.jpeg F24F4910-FA64-4AA8-823A-D25009FEDF5F.jpeg 5DD817DB-EAB4-44EF-9335-1616C46DA327.jpeg 7B1889AB-BFEA-46F6-A204-0447017BFA7C.jpeg 26C4DF4D-A257-471B-8326-F57F122F175B.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5821.MOV
    17.8 MB

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new