Reefing Withdrawls :(

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been exactly a month since I broke down my tank due to my move home for my father...Every day at lunch I cruise the various sites I am apart of, mainly R2R as I am able to see more pictures here at work and people are generally friendlier and have better things to say.

I must say, its tough looking at all the corals, fish and equipment. Although I could set up a small tank in the small room that I was given I think im going to just wait until I'm either more settled or I buy a house.

For now i'll just continue to save some money and dream of the next build, which in reality is probably my best bet since I have visions of large tanks and fish rooms...but never the less I miss starring into my tank and watching stuff scurry about.

Enjoy those tanks!!

Trumptitan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope that all else is working out for you. Iam sure if you ever want to go gaze into someones tank you d be more than welcome in my house and many others here.

mtc1966

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to prowl the isles of your local fish store. that's what I used to do before I got a tank.

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just think of all the hundreds if not thousands of dollars you will be saving by not having a reef tank.

OP
OP
BfishLpond78

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just think of all the hundreds if not thousands of dollars you will be saving by not having a reef tank.

Trust me I know I will be saving a boat load of money, but it was just something that was nice to come home to sometimes. Sit down, enjoy a cocktail and get lost into the beauty.

One day again. But it was just nice to sit back and reflect a little bit.

Masedaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bigfish, why don't you do a nano tank? I know you were looking into doing a Biocube... I set up a 4 gallon Deep Blue Rimless Nano tank in my bedroom. I have a Nano canister filter and mini heater, etc. I'm running the Brightwell Purit which is similar to Chemipure in the Canister as well Brightwells Nitrate and Phosphate Reduction media. So far it is doing well. I do a 75% water change every week. It is really no big deal since it is so small. I plan on adding mostly Zoas and Palys as well as mushrooms. I could possibly do some Trachys as well. I know you are used to an SPS dominant tank but this could tide you over for a while. Since you are waiting to buy a house to set up a monster tank.... Its kind of fun to lay in bed and look into the tank.

OP
OP
BfishLpond78

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on the same page Mason, but my room is seriously limited on space...I have an aisle about a foot wide between my bed and my dresser and then about enough room from my bed to the closet for two adults to stand comfortably. My dad's new wife really gave me the crappy end of the stick on this one. I started taking care of friends tank so that's going to hopefully hold me over for now.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back