Reefkeeper question

bkhunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a borrowed reefkeeper lite and looking to get my own for the simple things I want it to do. My question is will any usb to phone jack FOB work or is their something special about the Digital Aquatics? This seems to be the hardest part to find included in sales.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to have the SID. It does use RJ12 connectors but stuff used for phone service will not work. That goes for splitters and couplers. The ones used with the Digital aquatics has to be straight through. Phone equipment can be flipped since there is no polarity to phone lines. Why do you want to go with the RKL? Have you thought about the Hydros controllers?

OP
OP
bkhunt

bkhunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for you response.

I have not thought about any other controllers because I all my pumps are dc with individual controllers - have an ink bird for heater - stand alone doser and ATO. I have a couple WiFi outlets the I can turn off skimmer and return for my water changes. I am only using the reefkeeper to control the CO2 regulator via ph probe on calcium reactor. My lights have built in timers so can use a controller for them. Spending thousands for a controller and compatible pump is out of the question.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for you response.

I have not thought about any other controllers because I all my pumps are dc with individual controllers - have an ink bird for heater - stand alone doser and ATO. I have a couple WiFi outlets the I can turn off skimmer and return for my water changes. I am only using the reefkeeper to control the CO2 regulator via ph probe on calcium reactor. My lights have built in timers so can use a controller for them. Spending thousands for a controller and compatible pump is out of the question.
Ok, sounds good the only Hydros with pH input at the moment is the Control 4 which sells for $450 for the starter kit. https://www.coralvue.com/hydros-control-4-starter-pack

They have a Control 2 and Control XS that start as $200 for the starter kit also. They have more in the works but with the chip shortage and parts shortages I think it has delayed the release. With their system you can link the control units and create a collective. With a collective the control units share the inputs and outputs with each other to form a controller. As your needs grow all you need to do is add an additional control unit to the collective.

I converted from a Digital Aquatics system to the Hydros system and could not happier with it. Currently I have 8 Control units in a collective. I do not have any DC type pumps other than the MP10's for flow and they are not controlled by the Hydros. My lighting is not currently controlled by the Hydros. I do control my RODI, refill for the DI, Mix and fresh saltwater storage tanks. I also control ATO, AWC and All For Reef dosing from the Hydros. I even control and monitor some non aquarium related things with the Hydros also.

I do still have my Digital Aquatics systems and also a lot of the firmware. I was a beta tester for Digital Aquatics when they were still around. The RKL was a good entry level controller. Sounds to be just right for your current needs.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 60 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.5%
Back