Reefled 90 spectrum/looks on an Hydra?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Neliske
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Neliske

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey happy reefers,

I've got 3 Hydra 26 HD's and I know there is a AB+ preset made that will recreate the spectrum that the Radion puts out, but yesterday I saw the reefled 90's above a tank and I must say they really give nice light in the tank.
And now I'm wondering, is there a preset (or can somebody make one?) to recreate the light that a reefled 90 puts out?

Best regards Niels
 
Hello!

I have 3 ReedLED 90's above my tank. While the settings are customisable (So we can't really know what was being put out by the lights you saw) some things to note would be:

- They have pre-sets for 15K, 20K and 25K programs
- They only have white and blue diodes (Excepting moonlight)
- All diodes are on a single chip, in the same manner as Kessil's, which combined with the lens can lead to a more uniform shimmer / less disco ball

As such, you can likely just manipulate the white and blue channels in your lights to approximate the output of the ReefLED's, but you still may notice some difference due to the differing technology
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new