Reeflo ORCA 200

macawmagic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll I just picked up a reeflo orca 200 used to use on my setup. I've got it outside with freshwater running through it. I noticed i'm missing 1 part. The airline from venturi up and the silencer. I'm going to see if I can get that from the guy and thats the only thing i could thing is wrong...

When the pump is on and the air is open, almost no bubbles are coming out. I can hear the venturi sucking, but it's not filling with bubbles. I took apart the whole pump to make sure nothing is clogged, but theres nothing in there. Put it back together and it's still the same.

I have noticed that the pump speeds up/slows down when i open/close the air valve.

Can anyone help me! I wanna get this thing working before I change all my plumbing on my setup and then it doesn't work!

OP
OP
M

macawmagic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after taking a break from the frustration...i went back out...

when closing the air valve, the pump speeds up but then theres no air. when i open the valve the pump slows down and barely any bubbles get sucked in. i've checked the venturi and nothing is clogging it, but can't figure out what's wrong!

HELP!

tc269

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wish i would of seen this sooner to help you out yea... they dont make small bubbles with just plain fresh water. vinagar or salt water will make the small bubbles

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:nerd::nerd::nerd:A little word to the wise, Don't close that air valve any more unless you want to buy a new pump, As It will bury the Pinwheel In the motor shaft and ruin the pump. They are meant to run wide open and the newer models don't even have that valve on them anymore. I would replace It with a new 3/8" barb fitting so you can't hurt It anymore. Great skimmer once you learn how to use It. If you get the Pro Cup & Pinwheel It's even better. I DIY'ed my own.... And bought the Pinwheel direct from the guy who makes them You can find him here skimmerdiy.com His name Is Spongebobby on another forum.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back