Reefmat 1200 raising

  • Thread starter Thread starter arafas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Took me 2 full rolls to get down to about 30” a day. I was about to put a old skimmer riser under it to raise it up. Maybe give it some time first. 7801E71C-5577-4806-96C6-EE8AD30368A3.png A05E5225-798F-4E85-A730-52338AF01860.png
 
Y’all are getting way more out of a roll than I am, and I realize that part of my extra usage over the last 3 weeks has been my new diamond goby stirring up my sand bed, but I’m averaging 88 inches a day and I’m on my 6th roll. I didn’t think my tank was that bad to start with, lol, my test numbers were stable and consistent even before adding the ReefMat.
 

Attachments

  • 8CDCC7E4-60D8-44ED-AFA2-1E70403E851D.png
    8CDCC7E4-60D8-44ED-AFA2-1E70403E851D.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 117
I have to figure out how to raise mine (500). Might try multiple frag disks. I’m going through rolls every 10-14 days. Not just once….the last 4 rolls. Mine hangs on the sump of the 525xl G2 sump. The legs are actually going to make it lower than it is now. If I try to play with sump water heights, it messes with my skimmer height which is dialed in. Good times!
 
Going to give this a try. Cheap….won’t collect detritus.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8447.jpeg
    IMG_8447.jpeg
    284.2 KB · Views: 101
keep us posted how it works. can you list the parts you used?
I can get parts. Because one screws into the other, they have an inch of adjustability. But…. Still running a 130” daily average even with it up 2” higher than hanging on the sump glass. High enough that I get the occasional gurgle.
The roll is on course for 9-10 days. That’s been the case for far too long. I love the tech. I love how clear my water is and the fact that my nitrates are very low. But this is getting expensive.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8481.png
    IMG_8481.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 102
I wonder if water flow into the Reefmat has anything to do with it? I have a large 500 g fowlr overstocked with large angels, triggers, I feed heavily too (auto feeders at 12 times a day pellets and nori daily). With nori, I average 45” daily. Without nori (because of a week on vacation) I’d avg 30” daily.

I use the legs and a jebao dcp2500 return pump (~700gph) so maybe not enough flow in my Reefmat 1200 to use up the roll faster than expected? Should last around 1.5 - 2 months at this pace (which is fine for me).
 
I wonder if water flow into the Reefmat has anything to do with it? I have a large 500 g fowlr overstocked with large angels, triggers, I feed heavily too (auto feeders at 12 times a day pellets and nori daily). With nori, I average 45” daily. Without nori (because of a week on vacation) I’d avg 30” daily.

I use the legs and a jebao dcp2500 return pump (~700gph) so maybe not enough flow in my Reefmat 1200 to use up the roll faster than expected? Should last around 1.5 - 2 months at this pace (which is fine for me).
less flow will def use less material.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new