Reefmat and Skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheDon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TheDon

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2024
Messages
78
Reaction score
29
Location
Devon UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I was going to buy aAqua one MiniReef 90l but someone near me was selling a Waterbox Marine X 60.2 for a great price! So opted to buy that instead, he has modified the sump and removed the sock filter and glass. In its place he has a reefmat 500 and looking at the size of this thing I don’t think there would be room for a skimmer.

So question is…. can I just run the reefmat with no skimmer? I think tank is around 136 litres

Many thanks
 
Many people run without skimmers, personally I wouldn't as it offers great oxygenation of the water plus I can run a co2 scrubber to elevate PH, but there are many opinions and approaches
 
He said his waters never been so clear as sock filter kept clogging up and he had too keep cleaning it twice a day. I will have wave makers and point nozzles to surface
 
He said his waters never been so clear as sock filter kept clogging up and he had too keep cleaning it twice a day. I will have wave makers and point nozzles to surface
Agreed, my filter roll takes out loads and I don't need to change/clean filter socks, plus my roll lasts 4 months, I've never had a tank with socks but I doubt I'd like it...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new