Reefmat dual overflow plumbing

cww81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the reefmat 1200 on cyber Monday and it is arriving tomorrow but I have a few plumbing questions. On my 125 gallon aqueon there are dual overflows and I was wondering if I can use a Y fitting to tie them into the reefmat? Will the Y cause any problems with my overflows? I assume I would have to adjust the valves to all of the new plumbing so that doesn't bother me, I just would ideally like to Y or T both of my overflows into one drain that is compatible with the reefmat. My only other thought would be to see if it is possible to just run each overflow into both sides of the reefmat but I assume that would require me to purchase an extra inlet port for the reefmat? Thanks!

Poochaku

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the 2nd option will work for sure but just keep your flow rate expectations in check. Lower is better

OP
OP
cww81

cww81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the 2nd option will work for sure but just keep your flow rate expectations in check. Lower is better
Ok, thanks for the help! Have you done this mod? And I’m also wondering what I’ll need to make an inlet port for the other side? I saw in this link that a schedule 80 pvc fitting could be used but what size?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can run the flexible pipe into both sides of the ReefMat - but you'll need the extra pipe/connector. And as mentioned, just keep in-mind the overall flow rate that the ReefMat 1200 is rated for. Since you're going to be potentially running from both sides I'd skip placing any media in the included basket (as that will further restrict flow, and it tends to clog up quickly).

Poochaku

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not done this mod, I am basing my claims off of my own installation with 1 inlet.

I would just get another one of these and have 2 hoses going in. I think this would be the easiest way to accomplish your goal. I am kind of sad I didn't see your linked thread earlier as I could have made a much tighter install with that unspecified union.

Unfortunately seems to be out of stock

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not done this mod, I am basing my claims off of my own installation with 1 inlet.

I would just get another one of these and have 2 hoses going in. I think this would be the easiest way to accomplish your goal. I am kind of sad I didn't see your linked thread earlier as I could have made a much tighter install with that unspecified union.

Unfortunately seems to be out of stock
The black nut that comes on the reefmat will work with a piece from either a 1” union or unionized valve from Lowes. That’s how I plan on doing mine.

Perfectly_Imperfekt1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I did that worked

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back