Reefpunks nano build

reefpunk707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first tank. Been up and running for about 2 and a half months Will post pics of the journey so far and continue to update with new additions or new equipment. Im new to the hobby but feel free to ask me questions or leave suggestions.

DSC_0507 [967834].JPG

020.JPG

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank? What plans do you have for it? I've been thinking about starting up a 5 gallon nano with mostly zoas in it. Still haven't decided on filtration and lighting.

OP
OP
reefpunk707

reefpunk707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank? What plans do you have for it? I've been thinking about starting up a 5 gallon nano with mostly zoas in it. Still haven't decided on filtration and lighting.

This is a fluval 13.5 gallon. I knew i wanted corals but not sure they type when i first set it up. I have one small zoa in there about 20 heads on it. I would like it to be lps dominated eventually. I am liking favias and chalices and leptos the most right now. You should! There are so many cool different zoas that shouldnt be hard to fill out.

OP
OP
reefpunk707

reefpunk707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Reef! What corals are you planning on placing in the new system?

Thank You! I have one zoa frag in there so far. Lfs had it labeled as red zoa haha so im not sure what it is. Ill post a picture. At the moment i want mostly lps. Im super digging favias, encrusting corals, leptos, brain corals and stuff like that. Prob will end up with a few more zoas cause theres so many cool ones.

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of equipment are you running? Lighting, filtration, and pumps?

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You! I have one zoa frag in there so far. Lfs had it labeled as red zoa haha so im not sure what it is. Ill post a picture. At the moment i want mostly lps. Im super digging favias, encrusting corals, leptos, brain corals and stuff like that. Prob will end up with a few more zoas cause theres so many cool ones.

Sounds like a great list of corals. Keep us updated with the progress.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That all looks very nice and the clowns look happy

And welcome to R2R as well by the way!

OP
OP
reefpunk707

reefpunk707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oof, you may want to return that Mandarin, tank is too new and too small to support enough copepods. starvation is inevitable

I hear ya. I have had him 2 months now. I add pods to the tank and he is eating frozen from day one i had him. If the clowns get to greedy ill target feed him with a baster to make sure hes getting some. He seems fat and happy to me but im getting a second tank thats bigger and established so i can throw him in there if theres any issues.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back