Reefrun 5500 return pump stopped working

snobby

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2024
Messages
17
Reaction score
4
Location
Oxford
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just setup my pump a day ago and it did seem to work well then I turned it up and was really weirdly loud when it wasn’t before, it seemed to iron itself out throughout the day but today when I was looking in the sump it just stopped, I got a notification on the ReefBeat app saying it was running dry (I could see it wasn’t) and now it won’t start. When I try to resume it sounds like turning over an engine but it won’t start and it tries again and fails a couple more times. Has anyone had an issue like this or know how to fix this? Tried to do some digging but I couldn’t find anything.
 
Have you inspected the pump? With the kind of noise you are describing I wonder if there isn't something jamming it from spinning?
 
There is nothing obvious but I will take it apart when I get back from work and have a thorough look.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new