Reeftopia.com group buy

BayouBeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent work Trish! I've never been a part of a group buy before, but I can't imagine it being done any better!

OP
OP
TrishW

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the participants had to drop out of the buy so we are short on the golden astreas lot. They cost $0.28 each at the lot price and we are 45 short on the order. Can someone use some of these? I may be able to order 10 or 20 but I don't think my tank will support 45 in addition to what I already have.

It is probably time to begin discussion of a meeting point. I am located near Buckhorn High School and I am willing to drive 15 to 20 miles (one direction). The order should arrive at about 11:30 a.m. and I am available all day except for a 45 minute period from 2:30 to 3:15.

What works for everyone?

Jaymostella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Trish for your hard work on these group buys.. when will the order be placed? I would really like the red rock anemone and Harlequin serpents..

As a side note.. I would really like to find some high end nice colored acans and possibly brains of some sort.. if you or anyone wants to find a site to group buy to offset shipping and get possible discounts I am in...

Rothgar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that case lol I really don't need 75 of them so if you want to take the remainder or split the 45 I'm down.

OP
OP
TrishW

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you work payments out with him?

No, I didn't bring it up. We have so many small orders that he will have to bag separately that I didn't want to push my luck, lol. Without Chris and Jay's orders the average order is only $23 and that is before the 10% discount. He will be having to send lots of small bags!

If the total grows much more I may have to ask a Jay and Chris to prepay but right now I can still swing it.

Jaymostella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol i was looking at the site to see what else i may have missed.. I also have a friend in my area that may want in on this. I am asking him give me 5 minutes

OP
OP
TrishW

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so Jay I will put you down for 30 of the astreas and I will take 15. Sean you will still get the 30 you are down for now.

ChrisKey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trish, I can pay for mine whenever you need me to. Of course I need to go back to his website and make sure there isn't anything else I want to add. :)

What time are you finalizing the order?

OP
OP
TrishW

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trish, I can pay for mine whenever you need me to. Of course I need to go back to his website and make sure there isn't anything else I want to add. :)

What time are you finalizing the order?

You can just pay when you pick your order up. I will be placing the order on Wednesday morning so you can make changes right up until the last minute, lol.

OceanLife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank need more color. Can you find out if he has any nicely colored Frogspawn and a BTA?
Thank you very much!
John

BayouBeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm located near Bob Jones High School. I noticed you said Costco worked well on past orders which will work fine for me. I'll probably pick my order up at Noon if it's here by then. Whatever works best for everyone else is good with me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TrishW

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank need more color. Can you find out if he has any nicely colored Frogspawn and a BTA?
Thank you very much!
John

He only has the things that he has on his website so he won't have those. He is the diver that harvests the items he sells so they have to be found in his area for him to sell them.

Hassablad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trish; I think all I need is 2- peppermint shrimp and 2- emerald crabs for now. Thank You so much for the Duncan it is so pretty, you didn't have to do that. Rick

Jaymostella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont kill me trish.. I want to add a few more things and take a couple things off... SO SO SORRY..

I want an additional:
100 golden astrea snails (this is on top of the others I have split),
1 lettuce nudibranch
1 green emerald

Take off:
the peppermint shrimp
Frilly gorgonian

Also, if someone would split 100 blue leg hermits with my friend he would like 50... I already have 100 myself and dont really need to split another 100 with him..

Trish, SORRY

OP
OP
TrishW

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trish; I think all I need is 2- peppermint shrimp and 2- emerald crabs for now. Thank You so much for the Duncan it is so pretty, you didn't have to do that. Rick

Okay, I will add your items to the order.

You're welcome. I love my duncans and just wanted to share. I appreciate you being willing to talk photography.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back