ReefWave 45 firmware issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bluerrpilot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a new reefwave 45 and with the reefbeat app I cannot get past the firmware update. I get the error "Firmware update is incomplete for device"

BS463

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having the same issue. I've had mine for a couple weeks but just left it running on random. I'm just setting my tank back up after failing and taking some time off. I thought this pump looked pretty awesome but can't get passed the firmware incomplete message. Have you figured anything out?

BS463

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get yours going? I was able to get my firmware update complete. I kept my phone sitting right next to the reef wave controller during the firmware download. The controller did a little light show then it was working in the app.

OP
OP
B

Bluerrpilot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. In fact after several attempts by myself and Red Sea tech support, their latest suggestion was to send the pumps to them to have the firmware updated and returned. I'm sure that's fine with some people but I feel that goes beyond the expectations of a new product. Kudos to BRS though. They are standing by their "we will make it right" promise. Since the product never worked from day one, they have agreed to let me return them andI will exchange for a different product. I will not be buying a RS product again

Leiph86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has red sea come out with anything to fix these? I just got a 25 and the same issue is happening and won't update firmware...

drumandbassrunner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! This is my first post! I remember how incredibly frustrating this was for me. I purchased a 25 about 6 weeks ago and of course, the same message. I actually got it to work this weekend by random chance. I made sure to "forget" the reef network it creates so I could start for scratch. I followed the instructions online meticulously, and it worked without error. I know this is probably not very helpful, as I'm sure I did not do anything different than you all. My phone's software (IOS) did just update...perhaps that helped?

Anyways, my only recommendation is to make sure your phone's software is updated, remove the network that RedSea created in order to start over, and have a cocktail.

Astro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reefwave25 and no luck. One worked fine the other though refuses. I’ve tried both iPad and iPhone. I’ve tried multiple wifis and hotspots but can’t get update. I’ve factory reset and retried but no break. Please someone help, this is hopeless. How could a $400 pump be so garbage

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll come back in a year and see if Red Sea has worked out some of their growing pains with this new product line. I’m looking to try and create as hassle free setup as possible....this doesn’t seem to fit that goal right now.

Leiph86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reefwave25 and no luck. One worked fine the other though refuses. I’ve tried both iPad and iPhone. I’ve tried multiple wifis and hotspots but can’t get update. I’ve factory reset and retried but no break. Please someone help, this is hopeless. How could a $400 pump be so garbage
Contact Red Sea support via email. It will take a few days for them to reach out but then they will help troubleshoot and if necessary send a replacement control panel. Keep in mind their warranty is only valid if you purchased the unit new and if they replace it will required a copy of the receipt. They mailed my replacement out quickly and it worked fine.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back