Reefwave 45 Setup issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jackooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone , I have always used Vortech pumps in this hobby and recently one of them crapped out so I decided to try the Reefwave 45 gyre pumps out. Getting the right flow in my Red Sea peninsula tank has always been a struggle because I only keep the power heads on the over flow side.

So I have but gyre’s positioned vertically on the back wall and was wondering does it matter which side is facing up and down? I am not sure I understand how the propellers function, does one side push and the other side pull on each unit?
Also when I sync both pumps to work with each other can I setup that one pulls the entire time the other pushes therefore creating a loop in flow ?

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have 2 a 45s in my Reefer 250. I have them horizontal, but have been thinking about your placement. You can reverse flow, so if you have them wrong. Perhaps try that.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, orientation can matter depending on how you have the flow configured. When you configure the wave pattern for each gyre (or group of gyres), you specify how much forward or reverse (and how long) each gyre runs.

If you click on my build thread on the first page is a link that will take you to how I have my ReefWave45s positioned in my tank, orientation and the various wave schedules and intensities I have configured. Feel free to PM me if you need any more details.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back