Refugium Light question

benha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lights would grow chaeto better in a refugium, warm white lights or red and blue LED lights?
Thanks!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lights would grow chaeto better in a refugium, warm white lights or red and blue LED lights?
Thanks!
Red and blue is best as it promotes chlorophyll A and B in macro algae. The warm white lights do work, but they throw in alot of green and white and yellow into the spectrum that isn't as utilized as red and blue.
BRSTV Investigates did a really good video on fuge lighting

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I decided to go with an H380, arrived this morning, just got the UPS notice. I have heard nothing but positive reviews on them. I am 100% sure you can grow with a lot cheaper light, but I have not spared a penny on this build, so I just bit the bullet and bought it. Again, much cheaper options that will grow algae for you, but after I watched the video above over the weekend, and saw the amount of time, effort BRS put into research, and saw the amount it grew in the same time, I just got the H380.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to go with an H380, arrived this morning, just got the UPS notice. I have heard nothing but positive reviews on them. I am 100% sure you can grow with a lot cheaper light, but I have not spared a penny on this build, so I just bit the bullet and bought it. Again, much cheaper options that will grow algae for you, but after I watched the video above over the weekend, and saw the amount of time, effort BRS put into research, and saw the amount it grew in the same time, I just got the H380.
I use the H380 and I will say without a shred of doubt that it's one of the best purchases i've ever made :)

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/why-the-kessil-h380-was-my-best-purchase-ever.341821/

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back