Refugium,Sponge, or Carbon

ivanthereefnoob

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 25, 2018
Messages
15
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a new hobbyist and have and purchased a 35g 20"x20"×2' high
Nano Tank I was wondering if I should go with a refugium, sponge ,or carbon.
 
I run all 3! The sponge is in the bottom of the refugium. Running chemi pure blue in one of my chambers also
 
I run all 3! The sponge is in the bottom of the refugium. Running chemi pure blue in one of my chambers also
Do you have any pictures so I could get an idea ?
(P.s I'm running a current-usa solana 35g. Bought it used and refurbished it all cleaned it out and rebuilt the stand. Came with a IM skimmer and Current USA orbit led. )
1535421510011~2.jpeg
1535421591570~2.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I run a filter sock when I want to polish the water, but otherwise leave it out. Media reactor with carbon and a refugium with chaeto. I have a sump tho and it looks like you are AIO. Look into the Innovative Marine refugium light and see if that will fit your needs. I would also suggest a small bag of carbon to keep the water clear of any stray chemicals and tints.
 
Do you have any pictures so I could get an idea ?
(P.s I'm running a current-usa solana 35g. Bought it used and refurbished it all cleaned it out and rebuilt the stand. Came with a IM skimmer and Current USA orbit led. )
1535421510011~2.jpeg
1535421591570~2.jpeg
I run the intank media basket for my Fluval Evo.
20180421_205829.jpg


I just put the Chemipure blue under my reactor
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new