Rekindling my old flame

J. Dowdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My very first all in one reef tank was a 20 gallon IM Nuvo Fusion. My previous builds starting all the way back in 2007 all used HOB equipment. I decided several years ago to give the whole all in one/sump style the old college try and I fell in love immediately. I recently moved to Florida with my family and left my custom built 40B at the old house for the new owners to enjoy (they were avid reefers and we coordinated the purchase of the tank and its inhabitants in the purchase of the home). It’s been two years since we moved and we are finally to a point where the renovations of our new house are complete and we can focus the time and energy necessary to have a successful and well taken care of tank. Enter my old IM nuvo 20G. Yes it’s a step down from the 40B, but YouTube videos of other tanks can’t scratch my itch to have my own tank in the house anymore. This budget friendly build will also be very beginner friendly so I can teach my daughter the delights of reefing and hopefully help some of the newer reefers in this community. In the future I will be building an all inclusive, in wall, 75G and will have a thread for it as well but the planning required for it will take time (and some convincing my wife to let me knock out half of a wall we just added)

OP
OP
J. Dowdy

J. Dowdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t figure out how to add photos on here haha, I’m new, sorry!

OP
OP
J. Dowdy

J. Dowdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a photo of the tank in its current condition. The rock work has been epoxied and curing for about a week, sand and water are going in today to begin cycle!

IMG_0492.jpeg

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great start, love the scape!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back