Remote ATO Container - Plumbing

Chromakey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Day:

I was hoping to get some advice on plumbing a ATO container through the floor and up through the walls to feed three aquariums. I am currently using the Tunze systems.

1. The longest run will be under 20 feet. Can the Tunze ATO pumps handle this?
2. I was planning to use plastic electrical conduit to run the line in. Do people use Tee fittings to transition out of the wall cavity to the aquarium?
3. Is there a good bulk replacement source for the ATO tubing?
4. I might add a Calcium Reactor to one of the aquariums? Can most systems handle a 20 ft run?
5. Last question. Are there any issues with have the ATO pump higher than where the outlet tube feeds into the sump?

Thanks,
Michael

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Youll have to lookup the pumps head psi @ any given ft. Rating. Most instructions have them in the box. If not look up the model number of the pumps.
Those will tell you all you need to know about your pumps being able to push enough water vertically.

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To the best of my knowledge a Tunze would not work as they are rated to 7’ head pressure. You can accomplish this goal but would need a peristaltic pump as they are much more capable. Ecotech Versas and Neptune DOS come to mind. Running RO tubing through walls is not an issue although the conduit is a good call, I never run without it. Adding pushing fittings for a clean install is an individual preference. For me, less fittings means less chance for leaks. If I can make tubing work in a continuous run I will do it. Having peristaltic pumps higher that tank is a none issue.

Ive successfully used both Versas and DOS units on 15’ head / 50’ vertical runs without issue

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back