Remove top trim

Mlamp89

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm halfway done with making my foam Rock wall. So far it's turning out great but I'll have to cut it apart to get into the tank. Unless I can get the top trim off of my 150g. Has anyone found tried and true methods for this without ruining anything? I just thought a heat gun and putty knife could do the trick but I'm reading a lot of people that cut them off and don't reuse them.
 
IME removing the frame off from many tanks, my success has been mixed. Good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new