Renton's Evolution from 200 to 440 gallons

Great way to take some decent pictures with the cell phone under blue LEDs.


These were the most effective filters:


















 
After posting some sub-par quality pictures in a "coral for sale" thread I was called out by a certain individual who shall remain nameless (screen name starts with a "T" and rhymes with ravenous). So, I took some pictures today in hopes of redeeming my self in that person's eyes.































 
What on earth are you feeding that Scooter Dragonet? I've never seen one that big! Great photos as always.
 
What on earth are you feeding that Scooter Dragonet? I've never seen one that big! Great photos as always.

Thanks! He eats everything, small Sustainable Aquatics Dry Hatchery pellets, brine, ova and mysis. Lots of pods in the tank as well. He is a fatty.
 
Last edited:
Had time to record one video this weekend. My cinematography skills need some work.

[video=youtube_share;_R5ZnjAiIXc]http://youtu.be/_R5ZnjAiIXc[/video]
 
The Achilles has grown a lot. He was a juvenile when I got it back in February of 2013. Below is a shot of when I first got him and a screen shot from the recent video. As you can clearly see, the orange spot at the base of the tail has gotten huge and the tail has filled in.


The Achilles is king of the tank, though pretty docile with most fish. It only tussles with the grumpy male spot anthias who is kind of a jerk to most of the fish.




20130224-DSC_0588_zps6e39c9b2.jpg





 
ugh, I couldn't stand the quality of the video screen cap, made my skin crawl. Had to take a few quick shots of Achilles:








 
Beautiful Achilles! We've had ours a little over 3 years now and in that time went from about 3 1/2" to now about 7 1/2"
 
Beautiful Achilles! We've had ours a little over 3 years now and in that time went from about 3 1/2" to now about 7 1/2"

Wow,very nice, that's a big Achilles. I would say that my Achilles is right around 6"
 
I was going through some old photos and realized how much some of the corals have grown:


Taken in my old cube on 9/5/2012:



Today:





Space Invader Pectinia 12/23/12:





Today



 
This is definitely one of my favorite tanks! :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new