Renton's Evolution from 200 to 440 gallons

af6YrcXh.jpg


6Vw5oNQh.jpg


NGCfvMgh.jpg


oR6MjTnh.jpg


g4mmBiUh.jpg


pHnm17Qh.jpg


V5J4dkph.jpg


a45kZNsh.jpg
 
Following, love the tank. You don't live far from me either. I actually live in Renton, that's what made me look at your thread lol.
 
Ooh it shows you live in fairview park seattle lol. But it is an awesome tank. Is that a whole new addition to the house? Or a house from scratch?
 
Absolutely amazing upgrade, Nathan! Your builder is awesome. ;) Love the transformation my friend. Your wife and kids must be excited too. Talk about a major upgrade...holy cow! :)
 
Last edited:
I made a change to my tank a few weeks back that I thought was note worthy. I was having trouble keeping some colors on some of my acros (not all) as well as had trouble with some discosoma and rhodactis shrinking and zoas fading away. I had suspected it may be related to bio pellets and have had that suspicion for a while especially when it came to certain mushrooms and zoas.

Well, I let my bio pellets totally deplete and did not refill them. Within a week, I saw some colors coming back, especially greens and yellows and some purples in acros. It has now been over a month and the acros are really looking good.

I guess the bio pellets out competed some of the corals for something, nitrates and phosphates were still measurable when I ran the bio pellets. My plan is to continue without bio pellets for now and see what happens.
 
Beautiful man and exciting!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new