Replacing aging Trulumen pros

clamb

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 3, 2023
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Location
Connecticut
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I'm new here.
I have a biocube 14 with Trulumen pro led strips that are going bad. I need to replace them , I want to retrofit in the existing hood and my budget is fairly tight. I have mostly soft corals with a couple LPS. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
 
Not sure how tight your budget is, but here are three options that should fit:

Coral Life Aqua Light Mini: $80 (SWA)
Pop Bloom S16: $60 (amazon)
Zetlight 1201: $55 (Aqua cave)
 
Do you think I could retrofit into my existing hood?
I would check the measurements of a) where the light will be mounted; and b) the new light fixture. Other considerations should be how the existing light is mounted, how are the new fixtures designed, and your DIY ability. With a little ingenuity you can always squeeze a square peg into a round hole.
 
True, thanks again time to do some serious researching.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new