Rescued coral ID?

Aiirsa

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
17
Location
Vancouver
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a ton of coral from my university because they're done researching them and didn't know what to do with them. They're in rough shape because they aren't aquarists (microbiologists). Most have too little flesh to get an accurate ID so I've cleaned the algae off their exposed skeletons, gave them a Revive dip and set them in my recovery tank.

For now, I was wondering if I could get an ID on these? I think the first one is maybe some sort of pink sun coral but I have no idea. The second is maybe a toadstool? The third is a gorgonian of some sort. Idk what the fourth is but ive seen it in the trade. The rest are mushrooms but I don't know what variety.
BTW I got them yesturday and they're already a lot more open and happy looking

Thanks!

20221116_155902.jpg 20221117_100014.jpg 20221117_095521.jpg 20221117_095509.jpg 20221117_095458.jpg 20221117_095748.jpg 20221117_095904.jpg 20221117_095659.jpg 20221117_095634.jpg 20221117_100042.jpg
 
1: duncanopsammia peltata, commonly misidentified as turbinaria
2: some sort of leather
3: some sort of gorgonian
4: a dying lobophyllia
5 - 10: corallimorphs
 
I got a ton of coral from my university because they're done researching them and didn't know what to do with them. They're in rough shape because they aren't aquarists (microbiologists). Most have too little flesh to get an accurate ID so I've cleaned the algae off their exposed skeletons, gave them a Revive dip and set them in my recovery tank.

For now, I was wondering if I could get an ID on these? I think the first one is maybe some sort of pink sun coral but I have no idea. The second is maybe a toadstool? The third is a gorgonian of some sort. Idk what the fourth is but ive seen it in the trade. The rest are mushrooms but I don't know what variety.

Thanks!

20221116_155902.jpg 20221117_100014.jpg 20221117_095521.jpg 20221117_095509.jpg 20221117_095458.jpg 20221117_095748.jpg 20221117_095904.jpg 20221117_095659.jpg 20221117_095634.jpg

1: duncanopsammia peltata, commonly misidentified as turbinaria
2: some sort of leather
3: some sort of gorgonian
4: a dying lobophyllia
5 - 10: corallimorphs
Thanks so much! Yeah I have a lot that are in bad shape, when I went to pick them up the tank was green and the water was cold and still because somebody unplugged it. I'm just hoping the little bits of flesh will recover with some love.
 
Hey guys needing some help identifying these from an lfs. 2 of the 3 i got were rescues because they werent doing good. Im sorry about the crappy picture but its the best i could get with my phone. Ill try another phone camera in a bit but the one on the left is neon green with a blue outer ring. The middle and right ome kind of look the same just different colors. Thanks for the help. The ome in the back is gsp.
 

Attachments

  • 20230109_171326.jpg
    20230109_171326.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 84
  • 20230109_171253.jpg
    20230109_171253.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 82

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new