Return to the Hobby - Houston

HouReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2024
Messages
53
Reaction score
83
Location
houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First post, like my title says, returning to the hobby after a 9 year hiatus. Now I have a 12 gallon Reef Casa Tide, mixed reef with two clowns and sand sifting goby (very small right now, about 1”, and transferring to larger tank later). Lighting is a Kessil A160 with controller. Figuring out my ATO cause last one was cheap and broke immediately. Tank is 3 months old, not at the algae hair stage yet but strong cycle right now. Just found some live rotifers on the glass that I poured in a month ago, so I think it’s a good sign.
IMG_4677.jpeg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to R2R!
Fun Hello GIF by TaylorAnneDraws
 
First post, like my title says, returning to the hobby after a 9 year hiatus. Now I have a 12 gallon Reef Casa Tide, mixed reef with two clowns and sand sifting goby (very small right now, about 1”, and transferring to larger tank later). Lighting is a Kessil A160 with controller. Figuring out my ATO cause last one was cheap and broke immediately. Tank is 3 months old, not at the algae hair stage yet but strong cycle right now. Just found some live rotifers on the glass that I poured in a month ago, so I think it’s a good sign.
IMG_4677.jpeg
As a fellow Houstonian, great to have you back in the hobby! Please let me know if I can give you a hand in any way, and please feel free to reach out!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new