Returning to reefing

Fausty1809

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2020
Messages
6
Reaction score
39
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

My name is Stephanie and I'm new to the forums here and getting back into reefing again after about 3-4 years away from the hobby.

I've had a 30 gal FOWLR tank as my first intro to saltwater fish, my previous experience being bettas and a 30 gallon freshwater, not planted. I upgraded my light on the 30, and ended up starting in soft corals, had a lovely colony of orange tipped clove polyps and a Hollywood Stunner chalice that I absolutely loved. Had to tear it down because we were having wood flooring put in, and it never recovered, unfortunately.

I like the idea of nano and pico reefs, mostly because I don't have the space for a huge aquarium at the moment, maybe one day. So I've had a couple of the Picotope 2 gallon tanks set up with various things, trying and learning.

I've got a 2.5 gallon pico on my desk now that I'm looking at stocking some coral in soon. I'll make a thread about that one in the appropriate area later, I do have some questions about lighting in particular.

Nice to meet you all!
 
Welcome to R2R!
cbefd571f5bc9ab3bc3d2d43feb11033.gif
 
No regrets, No discouragements

welcome59.jpg
 
Hi all!

My name is Stephanie and I'm new to the forums here and getting back into reefing again after about 3-4 years away from the hobby.

I've had a 30 gal FOWLR tank as my first intro to saltwater fish, my previous experience being bettas and a 30 gallon freshwater, not planted. I upgraded my light on the 30, and ended up starting in soft corals, had a lovely colony of orange tipped clove polyps and a Hollywood Stunner chalice that I absolutely loved. Had to tear it down because we were having wood flooring put in, and it never recovered, unfortunately.

I like the idea of nano and pico reefs, mostly because I don't have the space for a huge aquarium at the moment, maybe one day. So I've had a couple of the Picotope 2 gallon tanks set up with various things, trying and learning.

I've got a 2.5 gallon pico on my desk now that I'm looking at stocking some coral in soon. I'll make a thread about that one in the appropriate area later, I do have some questions about lighting in particular.

Nice to meet you all!

Welcome to the best club ever R2R. You are going to be shocked at h oi w warm, friendly, helpful and caring we are OK n here.
 
Welcome to R2R!!! We're glad you're here!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new