Returning to the hobby after 50 years

Professor Anthrax

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2023
Messages
5
Reaction score
55
Location
Columbus
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings & Salutations To One And All!

In my heyday, I had a out 20 assorted sized tanks, freshwater and saltwater.

At the time I was also an early member of the Central Ohio Aquarium Society ( COAS).

Now that I am retired and no longer extensively traveling for work I once again have the time.

I have a HUGE learning curve to overcome as most of the technology existing today just did not exist back then.

Most likely it will be awhile before I break out my Credit Card but most likely I will be getting back into saltwater which has brought me here.

Lots of research and study to be accomplished before then and no doubt during that time I will be reaching out to the membership here for much needed information and advice.

Blessed Be
 
We are here to help, if and when it is time.
Curved R2R Welcome 3-31-23 2.0.png
 
Welcome and thanks for joining....

My span between tanks was from more or less '78 and grad school and '20 and Covid recovery - so we are kindreds spirits

one thing that is the same is that Anthrax has no place in the reef tank

black-panther-namor-throne-namor-megalodon.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new