• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Review of Aqua SD

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got my shipment in from Aqua SD.... literally arrived minutes ago... they are temp acclimating in the sump as i type this

won 11 of their corals on Ebay Auctions... never tried the shipping thing before and i thought i would give it a go....

1. Packaging was AWESOME... box was perfect size, lined with foam, had some peanuts in it to take up the small bit of space there was left.. 3 heat packs on the lid... all bags were crimped shut with some sort of metal ring clip... when box arrived, water in bags felt just slightly cool (pretty good considering the snowstorm we just had here on the east coast and there is still just under 6" of snow on the ground)

2. Communication... i emailed them about holding off the shipping which was scheduled to be here Wed the same day as the snow storm... they emailed me back promptly and said they could and we resceduled for friday delivery... AWESOME communication!

3. Appearance... so far all corals look to be in VERY good shape... the frags are actually larger than the photo's made them out to be.... they are still in the bag and closed up but so far i think i am going to be really happy

4. FREEBIE!!!! i was taking out the bags which were labeled with the number of the coral (WYSIWYG auction) and matching them up to the picture on the computer with my daughter who is home from school (snow day!) and she says... what the heck... this one has a smiley face on it... we count the bags and sure enough, 1 more than i ordered.... THANKS!!!!!! now the mystery of finding out what it is....

Overall experience so far is Excellent

i will post pics of them in the tank once i get them acclimated and the lights come on

Bryn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jeepguy242 That is great to hear, as I just bought a bunch from their saturday sale, and the ebay auction. I spoke with a great communicator named Ramon, I got an answer from him at 2:00am, and 9:45am Tuesday morning. I asked if he slept at all. After the auction sent an email and someone replied within minutes about removing the shipping fee from my ebay auction, as the saturday sale I had already paid shipping for and they will let you combine shipping.

I'm in TN and glad to hear about your shipping experience, I look forward to receiving mine next week.

OP
OP
Jeepguy242

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I let the bags sit in my sump for about 10 minutes now and I have the first one in a quart container doing a drip. Looks like about 15-20 minutes each and then they will be going in the tank.

I don’t have many other corals in the tank anymore after a crash I had last year so I’m not too worried about QT

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will and his crew are fantastic. Just good people.

I’ve never shippped with them.
But I might drive over today.

OP
OP
Jeepguy242

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will and his crew are fantastic. Just good people.

I’ve never shippped with them.
But I might drive over today.

If you do tell him he has a customer that is very pleased. I will be sending business his way with a couple friends of mine that we’re waiting to see how this went. They were scared to try the Shipping thing.

Btw I am jealous that you can just ride over there. Lol

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do tell him he has a customer that is very pleased. I will be sending business his way with a couple friends of mine that we’re waiting to see how this went. They were scared to try the Shipping thing.

Btw I am jealous that you can just ride over there. Lol
Lol, I’ll let him know, again.....

Don’t be jealous of the drive , be jealous of the $10 frag rack lol.
(Feeding frenzy)

OP
OP
Jeepguy242

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
11 frags in the DT now... all of the Zoas are opening unlike nothing ever happened. the 2 chalices look fantastic, and the 2 Favias are looking nice... they closed up a bit at first but look like they are opening up slowly

the last one that was a Freebie that i dont know what it is yet is in the drip... we are calling it Mr. E for now

Bryn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, I’ll let him know, again.....

Don’t be jealous of the drive , be jealous of the $10 frag rack lol.
(Feeding frenzy)

@saltyfilmfolks Now that is below the belt, teasing us with $10 frags. Maybe you could set up facetime or FB live and you could show us what we are missing . ;)

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've dealt with them once and what a great experience it was! I won a few ebay auctions and bought some items off of their site. All items arrived perfectly and as mentioned above the communication was EXCELLENT!

demonspeedn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a large shipment 2 weeks ago when it was -11°F. Everything arrived healthy and had nice polyp extension in short time. They are my go to for corals, since I don't have much locally.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jhatfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a chance to visit their facility in November and was really impressed. Super nice guys, and the place was spotless. Had a few orders with them and all went really well.

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a chance to visit their facility in November and was really impressed. Super nice guys, and the place was spotless. Had a few orders with them and all went really well.

I go to their shop at least once a month from an hour north. They have the nicest coral I have seen from the border to Los Angels and I been to most stores. (IMO)

OP
OP
Jeepguy242

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
everything is in the tank.. and open... i had to feed the fishies and it looked like some of the corals were eating as well...

pictures to follow after dinner.... (thick rare sirloin and baked taters on the grill)

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.1%
Back