• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Review of Aqua SD

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaSD is freaking awesome. I have bought from them many times over the years. Always great packing, temp. controlled, often freebies, and fantastic communication. Best i have found for sure.

OP
OP
Jeepguy242

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wowsers
kCu6TZY.jpg

Toxic smash
K1Q5i84.jpg

Electrobuzzed
gVnPrAB.jpg

Pink Walrus
hfTxg3t.jpg

Jr. Assasin and some rare GHA (if anyone wants some of the super rare GHA let me know)
UrXTmpz.jpg

i got to get a better camera... these were taken with my iPhone and do not do the colors justice....

all pictures taken under a reefbrite actinic strip and 20k radium MH 250 watt

mannyhernz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jeepguy242 That is great to hear, as I just bought a bunch from their saturday sale, and the ebay auction. I spoke with a great communicator named Ramon, I got an answer from him at 2:00am, and 9:45am Tuesday morning. I asked if he slept at all. After the auction sent an email and someone replied within minutes about removing the shipping fee from my ebay auction, as the saturday sale I had already paid shipping for and they will let you combine shipping.

I'm in TN and glad to hear about your shipping experience, I look forward to receiving mine next week.
I personally have met Ramon, great guy. ASD is a good place for coral shopping.

OP
OP
Jeepguy242

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
over 24 hours now and everything looks great....

all polyps extended and really fantastic color...

i checked after lights out last night and did not see any tentacles from any of the favors or chalices but i expected that... will look again tonight

everything was looking so good i decided to do my regular water change today... didn't seem to phase them a bit.... they all stayed extended and happy...

after the water change i fed my fish, and it looked like half of the Zoas grabbed a bite to eat as well

7hogwarts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've bought multiple times with Aqua SD. And I have bought multiple times because they consistently do a great job with everything.

adam finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must say even though I’m new to the hobby I’ve purchased most of my corals from Aqua SD. I live in Missouri and have purchased from 3 of their sales and each time the corals came in bettter then I expected. The heat packs were still warm and all the corals acclimated very quickly to my tank. The only problem I have is that they have so many amazing corals and my tanks not big enough to buy all of them. I highly recommend as their shipping and corals are great. Definitely better selection, quality, and price then my lfs. Thanks Aqua SD.

Bryn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my order in. IMPRESSIVE. Actually UPS was impressive, 08:13am CST it arrived on my front door.

Everything about the shipment was impressive, bagging, temp, condition, size.

Now a funny thing, not sure if this is a business tactic to make me spend more money, but they did not combine my weekend order with my ebay auction, I'm sure an oversight. ME thinks they are hoping that I will buy more this weekend and add to the shipment, dang them people, I'm too weak to resist. I think they are evidence of the existence of extraterrestrial life, namely the BORG, whose motto was "Resistance is futile".

Bryn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they had the number on each bag that correlated to the weekend sale number picture.

I was not expecting to get a WYSIWYG from the weekend sale, but everything I got looked like the picture, very impressed.

I also liked that the frags with a stem had a protective bag around it. Imagine that you are rapping a gift. A plastic bag is laid flat, and the frag is placed in the middle, the stem is pushed through the bag, and the excess material rapped around the frag, and then placed in side another bag and crimped. Another company that I have bought from did something similar but you small solo pill cups.

Bryn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PLEASE READ:

Just received an email about my missing shipment.

When I placed an order for the weekend sale I used an email address which was different to the email address that I used for the ebay auction. So for those of us who have multiple email addresses, try to be consistent, and use the same email address. Aqua SD thought it was two separate orders I guess and would have sent them together if they had caught this, but really it is my fault not theirs.

Thanks

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they had the number on each bag that correlated to the weekend sale number picture.

I was not expecting to get a WYSIWYG from the weekend sale, but everything I got looked like the picture, very impressed.

I also liked that the frags with a stem had a protective bag around it. Imagine that you are rapping a gift. A plastic bag is laid flat, and the frag is placed in the middle, the stem is pushed through the bag, and the excess material rapped around the frag, and then placed in side another bag and crimped. Another company that I have bought from did something similar but you small solo pill cups.
what if you buy from their site not the sale. do they still tell you whats in the bag. just incase you buy a couple things that may look similar

Bryn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry cannot help you there, have only bought from weekend sale or ebay, and am waiting for my ebay shipment to arrive next week. This is my first experience with them, and very happy from the shipping, the frags, and to the communication via email.

I would expect a purchase from the online store would be no different when it came to how they shipped and labeled.

Try emailing them at [email protected] I was surprised at how responsive they are.

Also let me know if I can answer anything else for you from my experience.

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
everything is in the tank.. and open... i had to feed the fishies and it looked like some of the corals were eating as well...

pictures to follow after dinner.... (thick rare sirloin and baked taters on the grill)
YUM!

Bryn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ajhudson15

From my limited time looking and dealing with SDA, I have found that the online store has limited selection compared to the weekend sale and ebay. I love Bowerbanki, and Blastomussa, and have found very affordable and large examples on there weekend sale and ebay, but not so much on there webpage. Go here and look through some of the weekend sales they have had.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/aqua-sd.158/

OP
OP
Jeepguy242

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
th
@ajhudson15

From my limited time looking and dealing with SDA, I have found that the online store has limited selection compared to the weekend sale and ebay. I love Bowerbanki, and Blastomussa, and have found very affordable and large examples on there weekend sale and ebay, but not so much on there webpage. Go here and look through some of the weekend sales they have had.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/aqua-sd.158/

thats how they got my business....

Ebay auction.....

they will be my go to now for frags....

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back