Rev's 400+ Gallon Basement Inwall

MAREEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw you were having an aptasia outbreak.....that must mean the tank is still going...glad to hear it! I would be okay with a FTS of just aptasia.... :)

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @revhtree, how did you end up plumbing the abyzz? How's the dinos going? Hopefully they aren't! I think I have dinos in my quarantine tank that I started almost a year ago. Luckily it's a 40 breeder, so I've just been managing it. Maybe I could try what you used if it worked? Peroxide?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update!

So I've been using Vibrant for a couple months and it knocked the dinos back. Since I noticed slime algae and other algae I dialed the Vibrant back and then stopped it altogether about 2 weeks ago. Then the red slime really took off! I siphoned as much out as I could do with a water change and changed out my carbon. So far the tank is looking good! I also added a robust cleanup crew.

So I am going the right direction and really getting excited about the tank again!

ncaldwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news! I e had the same battle for almost 2 years now and vibrant is doing the same for me. No visible dinos but some cyanobacteria and some bright green algae that acts and looks like cyano. But still way better than dinos

Viner87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!

So I've been using Vibrant for a couple months and it knocked the dinos back. Since I noticed slime algae and other algae I dialed the Vibrant back and then stopped it altogether about 2 weeks ago. Then the red slime really took off! I siphoned as much out as I could do with a water change and changed out my carbon. So far the tank is looking good! I also added a robust cleanup crew.

So I am going the right direction and really getting excited about the tank again!

Awesome looking forward to some update pics [emoji1303]

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!

Nice to get an update, sounds like you are heading in the right direction. :)

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So glad things are turning around for you. I was really worried you might give up on it.

MAREEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are things going? I would love to see progress. I am battling some of these same things and seeing results from others is great.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I really have to sift through 115 pages of stuff to see these pics? Rev come on man we need a way to search images! Let’s see some pics!

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I really have to sift through 115 pages of stuff to see these pics? Rev come on man we need a way to search images! Let’s see some pics!
There are very few in 115 pages :(. Revs tank went into hiding.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are very few in 115 pages :(. Revs tank went into hiding.
@revhtree this is simply unacceptable. We need some pics on the first page (recent) and a stock list, equipment list, I mean come on do you even build thread bro???

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back