Rev's 400+ Gallon Basement Inwall

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
COME ON REEEEEEEEEV!we called ya out.I'm sure you can find a link to the build thread on here some place.I hear they even give you a nifty little badge under your name.Maybe even that tee shirt as a bonus.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He must be finding spots for his new corals! Seems the tank is chugging along?...

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/fraghouse-corals-frag-pack-unboxing-fire.457326/

Well dang it here you go and it's not much! BUT you must remember this is almost like a new tank as I've only just been recently been able to add corals and keep them alive aside from some zoas I had in the frag tank etc.. Tank is doing great though as you can see by the coralline algae growth. I didn't even clean up the tank for this video. I actually was gone for two weeks came home and barley needed to clean the glass. Also remember this is an 8ft tank so it's going to take time to fill it! You can see all the sps frags mounted around the rock work. Those were pretty nice sized frags too!

So here it is in all of it's NON-Glory! Pardon the pump wires as I haven't managed them just yet and pardon the cell phone video!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No y'all know why I haven't posted. There isn't much to see! :p This time next year though it will be full!

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update!

So I've been using Vibrant for a couple months and it knocked the dinos back. Since I noticed slime algae and other algae I dialed the Vibrant back and then stopped it altogether about 2 weeks ago. Then the red slime really took off! I siphoned as much out as I could do with a water change and changed out my carbon. So far the tank is looking good! I also added a robust cleanup crew.

So I am going the right direction and really getting excited about the tank again!

So vibrant is what worked or is it that about the time everything else you did finally got rid of the Dinos?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
An update! Awesome, glad to see things coming along.

Glad to see my clowns are not the only ones hosting the overflow.

This is what they are up to about every two weeks!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So vibrant is what worked or is it that about the time everything else you did finally got rid of the Dinos?

Vibrant definitely knocked it back to almost nothing. But I did do a few things towards the end to help. I really feel like Vibrant was what beat it.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice! If you ever thought about harvesting you could probably easily slip a piece of acrylic down the side of the overflow and wait for them to lay.

I have and I may at some point once I know I'll be home for an extended time. Thanks for the idea.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice, Rev! I am really liking your aquascape!

Thanks it looks better in person! The tank is 8ft long but also 3 ft wide so instead of just stacking stuff up I worked with the space to make it more diverse front to back. It's something you can't really see unless you see it in person.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 73 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 56 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back