Rev's 400+ Gallon Basement Inwall

Haha! [emoji12] When your at a show and perfect strangers keeping telling you how much they love what your doing in the basement.. It's time to start keeping an eye on things!
No more impulse buy for @revhtree :rolleyes::D

Glad to have you in the mix:)
 
Uh oh @revhtree. Let the games begin!
like this one better

Cool t.PNG
 
I'm proud of myself for addressing that one without snark. :cool:
Seems @Brew12 had that covered on the last page.
I was very proud of you for that too. I think "shocked" might be more the word I'm looking for... :eek::cool:
 
She must have sensed how hurt your pride was when you told her how much of a beating you were taking in here. :D
More than likely she got concerned over the water settling into the sand...
 
More than likely she got concerned over the water settling into the sand...

Hey people use sand to keep water out of places so by theory it is possible!
 
I LOVE this thread!! I can't open it without popcorn though!
 
Have you ever cleaned new sand in a bucket and you have to reach down and dig the sand up from the bottom to get the water down in that area? YEP I have! So yea a brand new fill up could take a little bit for the water to make it to the bottom of a thick, packed sand bed! Smarty pants!
 
I was very proud of you for that too. I think "shocked" might be more the word I'm looking for... :eek::cool:
:D
I do have my decent moments.
More than likely she got concerned over the water settling into the sand...
And clearly you have yours! :eek:
A+; good elevation of your game.
 
Have you ever cleaned new sand in a bucket and you have to reach down and dig the sand up from the bottom to get the water down in that area?
...an area...under water...
Soooo, it just didn't "feel" wet down there?
 
Hey people use sand to keep water out of places so by theory it is possible!
People use sand like that because sand is really good at draining water from places...
:cool:
 
I LOVE this thread!! I can't open it without popcorn though!

It really is fantastic! Of course, the only reason we can get away with it is because Rev is taking his time and doing everything right.

I do have my decent moments.

Don't worry, we don't hold your decent moments against you. :p
 
Have you ever cleaned new sand in a bucket and you have to reach down and dig the sand up from the bottom to get the water down in that area? YEP I have! So yea a brand new fill up could take a little bit for the water to make it to the bottom of a thick, packed sand bed! Smarty pants!
Have you ever added rock to one side of your tank and had it look like your tank was out of level? :rolleyes:

Maybe gravity and fluid flow works a little different as you head east, but my water maintains a uniform height in my tank even if the sand isn't wet all the way to the bottom. :cool::p
 
LOL! Ok so maybe that's not what happened! SHUTTY!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new