RFA eating BTA...what to do?

  • Thread starter Thread starter itgoeson
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

itgoeson

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2020
Messages
154
Reaction score
179
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
707A89EE-3773-4C08-BCC9-A759FBF020B0.jpeg

My BTA went for a stroll and somehow managed to brush against an RFA who tried to eat it. I am afraid this may end badly for both anemones. They’ve been like this for about an hour, with increasing tension in the BTA’s tentacle. Can I do anything to help? Or just let it play out?
 
Following. I've never seen this before. I would think that the RFA will eventually spit it out. Regardless, if they can't cohabitate, one or both should move away from the other.
 
Wild. I'd gently pull the tentacle out, but I've never seen this. When my bta and rfa touched, the bta won the battle.
 
Ok update - I gently pulled it out as suggested. Is a little bit scraggly looking at the tip but seems ok. Neither have moved so far.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new