Rick's Ulitmate Build

Wild1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update for those following along
Water is halfway. Moved live rock over and started running gfo and carbon to get a jump on nutrients. Can't finish aquascaping until more water is added but here of some pictures.
IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

Current;y trying to organize this rats nest
IMG_0956.jpg
The only think I know about electrical s**t is I dont know nothing about electrical s**t...lol Really good build tho...Johnnie

OP
OP
VegasRick

VegasRick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update.
Diatom bloom is going full force making the skimmer earn its keep
IMG_0981.jpg

Picked up a couple fans and made a mount for the sump. So sick of those clip on fans that never seem to point the right direction. Also made a holder for the ozone reactor which wants to float away. The fans are 200 mm 166 cfm at 37 decibals
IMG_0980.jpg

Last edited:

Oiseau Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow-eeeee I think if it wasn't for CPS being called on me I'd kick my kids out before they grew up haha one day thanks for the inspiration !

OP
OP
VegasRick

VegasRick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking real good Rick.... Shoot me a email man so we can work something into our schedules and get the boxes going....

Thanks, will get with you on them, one of the pumps has a bad voltage supply.

Wow-eeeee I think if it wasn't for CPS being called on me I'd kick my kids out before they grew up haha one day thanks for the inspiration !

Loving the empty nest, its alomost like getting a raise lol. Thanks for looking

rob619

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
omg i would love to have something that size! awesome cant wait to see fish in that thing

OP
OP
VegasRick

VegasRick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update, not a whole lot new.
Calcium reactor up and running as of Sunday.
Diatoms are either dying off or being consumed. Snails spawning leaving egg trails on the sides. Coraline algae is popping up on the bottom of the tank. All good signs the tank is settling in, not bad for less than 2 weeks.
Picked up 5 convict tangs and added them to the tank. Managed to catch my red sea sailfin tang and put him in the big tank. He is very social and likes to hang out with other tangs. He and the chevron were good buddies in the 80 and now he runs with the convicts like he was one of them. The convicts still aren't eating any thing I put in the tank but graze nonstop. I was hoping the sailfin would show them how to eat and where the food comes from, but they are oblivious to nori and any pellots, flakes or frozen food I put in the tank.
Had an electrical short that was zapping me. Finally tracked it down to a Tunze. So out of the initial 6 Tunzes I put in the tank, 2 bad power supplies and 1 bad motor. Not off to a good start there.
Have a ballast that is having trouble lighting the radium. Its a dimmable coralvue. I tried shortening the cord between the lamp and the ballast, no help. It wont fire unless nothing else is on. Need to check some more things but its on a back burner for the moment.
Picked up a few pieces of coral, in quarantine atm. 3 scolys, blastos, favia, maze brain(forget the name), red robin acro. I'll get some pics up soon

OP
OP
VegasRick

VegasRick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved the corals over 2 days ago. First FTS
IMG_1070.jpg
and more
IMG_1071.jpg
IMG_1072.jpg
IMG_1073.jpg
IMG_1075.jpg
IMG_1076.jpg
IMG_1077.jpg
IMG_1078.jpg
IMG_1079.jpg
IMG_1094.jpg
IMG_1095.jpg
IMG_1096.jpg
IMG_1097.jpg

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The person in the door way is creepy in those pictures.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 139 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 112 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back