Ridiculous fish foods

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about bananas?

Tangs LOVE bananas. I’ve never kept tangs in a reef, but I bring bananas with me when I go snorkeling or diving and tangs are among the quickest to swarm me for them (along with the ubiquitous Sargent Majors). From last month near Tulum:
04CA1BE5-2DC8-4EDD-8F92-A102ACEECE6A.jpeg

Uzidaisies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was few years back, and I had a new girlfriend stay over the one night, and then left her alone in my apt when I went to the gym in the morning.
When I came back, I noticed an oily film on the surface of the water.

I asked her if she had fed my fish, and she said they looked so hungry and kept asking for food whenever she went close to the tank.

So decided to treat them with Dark Chocolate and Salted Crisps. Which they appeared to love by the way.
Hope she was cute at least.

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed canned escargot and anchovies to my hogfish. I also take fish guts from trout flatfish mackerel etc and grind the up in a food processer then feed it to my fish (on the rare occasion that I actually catch something)

guntercb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tangs LOVE bananas. I’ve never kept tangs in a reef, but I bring bananas with me when I go snorkeling or diving and tangs are among the quickest to swarm me for them (along with the ubiquitous Sargent Majors). From last month near Tulum:
04CA1BE5-2DC8-4EDD-8F92-A102ACEECE6A.jpeg
I have done the banana thing too. They also love cheese wiz! Take some and try it the next time you snorkel. The fish come running to cheese wiz!

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done the banana thing too. They also love cheese wiz! Take some and try it the next time you snorkel. The fish come running to cheese wiz!
Wow. Never would have thought of that. I’ll give it a shot! Worst case I look like an idiot in front of my fiancée. Wouldn’t be the first time.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing to feed my fish is fish! Haha! Canabils.
Lol

Yrs back i had a bunch of friends over and we were drinking. Well eventually we were putting on my scuba mask....we were all taking scuba lessons at the time and putting our faces in my tank to.look down into. Well we were bbqing and drinking at the same time. Lol
One of my friends/co.workers dropped a big.piece of steak from. His mouth into my tank. Lol
Fish liked it put i plucked it out. I cant.imagine the taste of sw that he tasted when it happened. LoL
-d

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What ridiculous foods have you fed or have been told to feed your marine fish/invertebrates (post below)?
I remember that the book below recommended feeding Hamburger meat:

Hamburger for freshwater oscars and piranah yes- Marine with all theat fat and grease- NEVER

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to feed my fish Plaster of Paris. Just before the plaster set, I would add seafood, flakes, pellets, algae or whatever else I wanted to get into fish.
They ate it and figured it was coral. Plaster has calcium in it so healthy. At least it never hurt my fish. I never ate it myself. ;Drool

OP
OP
WheatToast

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to feed my fish Plaster of Paris. Just before the plaster set, I would add seafood, flakes, pellets, algae or whatever else I wanted to get into fish.
They ate it and figured it was coral. Plaster has calcium in it so healthy. At least it never hurt my fish. I never ate it myself. ;Drool
Unbelievable! This takes “Hansel and Gretel” to the next level!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back