Rimless 80g build

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice thread, just got done checking out your 9 gallon nano. Boy you've been busy.:D Will be following both.:)

OP
OP
kateater

kateater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice thread, just got done checking out your 9 gallon nano. Boy you've been busy.:D Will be following both.:)
Actually I've had some free time. I just completed my Black Belt test and have been intensely training for the past 9 months 6 days a week. It was physically and mentally the hardest thing I've ever done!

OP
OP
kateater

kateater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
kateater

kateater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
Finally got the lights mounted. Now to figure out how to program this dang aqua controller.

Daedalus8311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I like it, I was debating about doing stand like yours little larger then tank itself to allow for more space underneath, just have hard time with if I want plastic frame on bottom hidden or not. I can't remember those are the 360we or I think they just came out with a NE model recently

OP
OP
kateater

kateater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it, I was debating about doing stand like yours little larger then tank itself to allow for more space underneath, just have hard time with if I want plastic frame on bottom hidden or not. I can't remember those are the 360we or I think they just came out with a NE model recently
Mine are 360W. My stand is the same width of the tank and 3" longer to accommodate my light bracket. The trim is the only thing that sticks out past the tank. I could have easily hid the plastic trim but wasn't that big of a deal for me.

treedog5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow a tank in the bathroom, I think that's the first one I've seen like that. Very nice, will surely follow along on this.

OP
OP
kateater

kateater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow a tank in the bathroom, I think that's the first one I've seen like that. Very nice, will surely follow along on this.
It actually separates the master bedroom from the master bathroom. I had a standard 90g with canopy there for years I used for quarantine but always looked gloomy. I Figured it was time for a good looking tank in there.

OP
OP
kateater

kateater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added 3 fish today, azure and Talbot's damsels and a tomato clown that has lived in my sump for 5 years. Only reason he was in the sump is because he didn't play well with others. I know this isn't an exciting fish selection but they are easy to care for and are somewhat resistant to disease. The tanks main focus will be SPS (hopefully) so why make it any more difficult and worry about bioload and disease... If I want to see fish I can go into my living room.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Pic of My 215 DSA
image.jpeg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 96 44.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 100 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 21 9.7%
Back