RIPTIDE AQUACULTURE 5th Year Anniversary Tax Madness LIVE SALE, GAMES, GIVEAWAYS, LIVESTREAMS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
IMG_20220219_120732932.jpg

My firefish wanted to say hello. He refused to let me take any other pictures until he got his.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m glad I’m not the only person who makes diy magnetic frag racks with old algae scrapers (or at least I think that’s what that is).
The issue with my tank is the 5/8" thick glass the rack is almost too heavy so it pulls the magnets apart slightly.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue with my tank is the 5/8" thick glass the rack is almost too heavy so it pulls the magnets apart slightly.
Yeah mine is only 3/8 or 1/2, I don’t remember. I used a cheap magnet cleaner from Walmart to make one and it barely holds it on. I use it for the lower light corals so that it’s near the sand bed and if it falls the corals won’t dump out into the sand.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah mine is only 3/8 or 1/2, I don’t remember. I used a cheap magnet cleaner from Walmart to make one and it barely holds it on. I use it for the lower light corals so that it’s near the sand bed and if it falls the corals won’t dump out into the sand.
I got one of the cheap Amazon suction ones that holds my sticks. It's done pretty good. The magnet holds some of my montis I'm trying to get to encrust their plugs so I wanted them higher than the sand bed racks I have.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one of the cheap Amazon suction ones that holds my sticks. It's done pretty good. The magnet holds some of my montis I'm trying to get to encrust their plugs so I wanted them higher than the sand bed racks I have.
I looked at some of the suction cup racks but I decided it wasn’t worth the risk of dumping the corals in the sand to save a few dollars. I ended up ordering the largest reefing art rack from Amazon. I already have one so I know they’re well made, and they’re only $38. I was going to try and make my own racks by buying plastic coated magnets but I would’ve had $20 just in the magnets

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I looked at some of the suction cup racks but I decided it wasn’t worth the risk of dumping the corals in the sand to save a few dollars. I ended up ordering the largest reefing art rack from Amazon. I already have one so I know they’re well made, and they’re only $38. I was going to try and make my own racks by buying plastic coated magnets but I would’ve had $20 just in the magnets
I was looking at those yesterday. I might get some for the 125 since they just look cleaner than the DIY made from light diffusers.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at those yesterday. I might get some for the 125 since they just look cleaner than the DIY made from light diffusers.
For the price they’re nice. I don’t know how it would do on 5/8 glass but on my tank it holds well.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Goal 5
20220302_115312.jpg

Notice far right side. Egg crate frag rack.
If you look at mine, the magnet cleaner is an egg crate rack and there are two egg crate racks spanning almost the entire length of the front of my tank. They are in the front corners with about a 5" gap in the middle for my Alveopora.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goal 6
I need some recommendations for stocking my 180g. Currently I have a pair of clowns, a domino damsel (this bugger will NOT be going in the new tank) a blue sapphire damsel, a regal damsel and (don't flog me) a Vlamingi Tang. I have my heart set on some b/w cardinals and a tailspot blenny. Other than that I am open to suggestions. Wrasse? Anthia? Something out of the box? Reef safe obviously. I think I want a starfish, conch and some neat clean up crew as well.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goal 6
I need some recommendations for stocking my 180g. Currently I have a pair of clowns, a domino damsel (this bugger will NOT be going in the new tank) a blue sapphire damsel, a regal damsel and (don't flog me) a Vlamingi Tang. I have my heart set on some b/w cardinals and a tailspot blenny. Other than that I am open to suggestions. Wrasse? Anthia? Something out of the box? Reef safe obviously. I think I want a starfish, conch and some neat clean up crew as well.
You don’t have any tangs????
Confused Politician GIF by Chicken Licken SA

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t have any tangs????
Confused Politician GIF by Chicken Licken SA
Yeah I actually have a Vlamingi in a 65. I have been waiting for the cops to show up at my house since I put him in there.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
IMG_20220219_120732932.jpg

My firefish wanted to say hello. He refused to let me take any other pictures until he got his.
Mine's stuck in the overflow of my 20g AIO... seems pretty happy back there.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back