Riptide Aquaculture| Reeftober Fest |PROMO CODE: Aftersale save 25%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
77A34B16-5C9B-4083-855E-D85E32F2DB3E.jpeg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Shalom and a preemptive Shana tovah.

Gotta warm up before the show. Also, where do you get the white new balance? Or is it a ritual thing.

Oh look, another print! We need one for the front yard too!

Also, I think she's into me...
IMG_20220924_135245462_HDR.jpg
Man! Nice! Congrats amigo. I guess it doesn't matter how close to Loyola you are now.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Main Giveaway Contest

Teach us your secrets !
Tell us the one thing that you believe make you a successful reefer!

Reward 5entries into the main giveaway

Successful reefer? Uh oh. Patience is key. Unfortunately I don't exercise enough patience and therefore I wouldn't consider myself more than moderately successful and managing to hang on?

Oh, and research multiple sites and not relying only on one person's opinion. And don't trust the salesman unless they tell you the same information you've found to be generally true. They will sell you a 10 gallon tank and an Oscar...

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if I'm successful or not. Still feel like everything could crash out of nowhere. Knowing your alk/calc/mag phos/nitrate is key IMO. Know what your tank consumes and therefore what needs to be dosed. Good maintenance is a given..but knowing your parameters is the next level step. If I ask you what your parameters are you should know pretty darn close to what they are. This is learned from testing.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Main Giveaway Contest

Teach us your secrets !

Successful? Not there yet, as it’s an ongoing process. But much of what I have learned so far has come from fellow reefers on this site and also lots of YouTube and Google searching for answers. Oh, and patience.

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Successful reefer? Uh oh. Patience is key. Unfortunately I don't exercise enough patience and therefore I wouldn't consider myself more than moderately successful and managing to hang on?

Oh, and research multiple sites and not relying only on one person's opinion. And don't trust the salesman unless they tell you the same information you've found to be generally true. They will sell you a 10 gallon tank and an Oscar...
i think you should give yourself more credit!

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I don't know if I'm successful or not. Still feel like everything could crash out of nowhere. Knowing your alk/calc/mag phos/nitrate is key IMO. Know what your tank consumes and therefore what needs to be dosed. Good maintenance is a given..but knowing your parameters is the next level step. If I ask you what your parameters are you should know pretty darn close to what they are. This is learned from testing.
i couldn't agree more! KNOW your # is how you stay ahead of any issues on the horizon

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Successful? Not there yet, as it’s an ongoing process. But much of what I have learned so far has come from fellow reefers on this site and also lots of YouTube and Google searching for answers. Oh, and patience.
the research route. what was you most recent topic you needed to learn about?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Main Giveaway Contest

Teach us your secrets !

I agree I sometimes question if I’m a successful reefer. I have corals that will do great for a long time then all of the sudden die on me. It’s ironic that I have more success with SPS than I do the easy corals.
If I had to pick anything I’d say that I’ve joined the phyto dosing bandwagon. I can say that I’ve seen a noticeable improvement in my tank since dosing phyto.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 51 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back