Ritteri Anemone ID

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, someone made a mistake on the ID of the anemone sold to OP, that is not a magnifica/ritteri.

Most of us anemone keepers are doing our best to help others advance in this hobby, and one of the key issues we are learning and promoting is the pairing of natural host matches, as this is the best way to assure a clown recognizes and accepts a host anemone.

So for instance a percula or ocellaris will quickly take to a natural host magnifica, but could take forever to recognize a BTA, so for that reason I would be greatly disappointed if I were shipped a BTA instead of a mag.

Understandably people make mistakes, it's how they resolve mistakes that makes the difference.

Any vendor should know what it is they are actually selling, and not just say well, that's what the collector told us...or at least back that sale if a mistake was made.

It sucks that someone did the proper research in order to provide the proper host, and then stuck w/ something other than what they intended on purchasing.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tin, replied to your email. Thanks for emailing me the link.

Here are few more of the same ones that came in on the shipment earlier this year, all sold to us from our trusted Indo exporters as ritteris. Yellow tips, foot were purple/pink color. Thank you.

A error is an error. The seller is responsible for the animals that he sale to be ID correctly, especially anemones. I would be unhappy to to buy a Magnifica, expect a Magnifica and get a BTA instead.

The pictures of the anemones provided by AquaSD is not typical of Magnifica either. I would not ID these two anemones as Magnifica from the pictures above. However, this is beside the point, other than the fact that the buyers of the above anemones also got the wrong ID.

So far, the most likely ID of the anemone of the OP is BTA or a non-clownfish hosting anemone. While AquaSD can point out that it is not his intention to mislead they buyer, that the error was originally due to the collector, AquaSD still is responsible for selling the wrong species to the OP. Aqua SD cannot dodge the responsibility by just said that the collector ID it as Magnifica, therefore AquaSD doesn't have any responsibility if the ID is wrong.

OP
OP
CoralExotic

CoralExotic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I stumbled upon a build thread on a local reef club forum who bought the same nem from AquaSD and they too had doubts about it being a Mag. This is what he wrote:

"My tiny “mag” from aquasd didn’t work out. It had a weak foot and frequently let go, and it really never acted like an h magnifica. It liked to stay down low and in the crevices and corner of the bare bottom tank. It never looked happy and eventually (maybe after getting stuck to my mp10 covers for the 10th time) it started to deteriorate and I said goodbye."

Here is a link to his thread where he talks about it on page 24 and 25:

http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/gablamis-reefer-525-build.19774/page-24

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back