RKE Multiple Standby Modes

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to run more than one standby at a time with the RKE? If yes how is this accomplished?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never tried them at the same time so I cannot say. I never really used the standby on the RKE. I don't even use it on the Archon.

OP
OP
C

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are timers available to use at random to power my mix pump and shut off my circulator pumps and I do a water change? That's what I tried to use the multiple standbys for and when I tried to start one the other went off.

OP
OP
C

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My water change setup uses a 30G Brute can with a Little Giant pump used for circulation and to pump NSW to the display tank after I drain it to a laundry sink drain using a Python device to drain the tank and clean the sand bed. I then take the tube used to drain the tank and connect it to the discharge on the pump and refill the tank. When removing water from the display I power off the Jebao's in the display and the return pump. I power off the return pump with the high water float that you help me program and was planning to use a standby to shut down the Jebao's. I also have a standby for the NSW mix pump that I wanted to activate when I refill the tank with NSW. The plan was to put the Jabeo's on standby for an hour, power down the return pump, drain water out of the display, use a standby to power on the NSW pump and pump water to the display, restore power to the return pump when level's in the sump are high enough for the return pump to fill the display, then the Jebao's power on when the time on their standby is up. But I found out that when one standby comes on another goes off. Perhaps you have another way to do this. I've ordered a solenoid valve and floats to control the refill of the NSW container and eventually I want to set up another container and system for AWC's. Thanks for the help.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 115 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back