RKL how too??

GR808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be nice if there were some posts on programming how to's or tricks with the RKL? I'm sure if anyone that has one has experienced some level of difficulty programming their system..

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there's all sorts of info on their web site and they have a forum/bulletin board and faq that covers all the common setup questions. you can also call them direct, their tech line will get you a live person that is very helpful and can walk you through the setup. the instructions they come with are kinda weak and i too had a hard time figuring out how to configure it.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to do something on that eventually, but there are so many options, it is just too dificult to write it all down. I will attempt it when I have a couple days off of work.

OP
OP
GR808

GR808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have an air pump I use for surge bubbles and I want it to turn on several times a day for only 25 sec but I am using light(other) function on the PC4 and that only works once a day. I can't figure that one out.
Btw thanks for all the advice.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is very interesting. I was actually wondering the same thing, but for dosing pumps. I just bought a pair of dosers, but have never used this function before.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, go to the main menu, under timers, select timer 1, every day of week, on at time, then on duration, then off duration, then repeat count. Then, under multi timer, select timer one : )

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It repeats your on duration, then your off duration however many times a day you tell it to. For example, on duration is 25 minutes, and off duration is 25 minutes, starting at midnight, and repeat count is 25 per day. Starting at midinght, it will be on for 25 minutes, then off for 25 minutes, then repeat that 25 times each day starting at your set time (all numbers given are purely examples, but with 50 minutes each cycle and 25 times per day, it works out to run like that all day, every day.

OP
OP
GR808

GR808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok I set it to start at 9 in the morning for 25 seconds and then off for 6 hours and repeat 3 times to turn on every 6 hours for 25 seconds. Then I set my PC4 for multi-timer on A the timer number I set the times for. Sound right?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem, I needed that info myself, so I looked through the menus and found the timer.

Bubbabobobbrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rkl and was wondering how to set up the wavemaker part of it. I currently have 3 hydor koralia 1400's and was wondering how to set the wavemaker part. I currently have them set on "pump" and have them set to be on 24/7. I have them set to have a 20 minute stanby for feeding the fish, but thought it would be cool to have a more sporadic flow.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 41 22.5%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 105 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back