RO Buddie

Manic Newbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody else killing the DI filter crazy fast? I burned up 3 canisters just trying to fill my 125 for the first time. I’m only getting about 40 gallons before for all of the resin has changed color. Is this just the way it is or am I doing something wrong. It is the last canister in line, set up per instructions. The pic shows color change difference with new unused canister. Thanks!
438A845F-DA4E-4DD7-8A79-B0F4FBB7F38E.jpeg

Paleozoic_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those RODI systems are useless after one or two big batches. I went through two of those until I just broke down and got a 5-stage from BRS. Best investment ever!
The issue with yours may be your PSI going in is too low or your source water has high contaminates.

I would go with a system more reliable and with a TDS meter so you know what is going in as well as out and with a PSI gauge...

OP
OP
Manic Newbie

Manic Newbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those RODI systems are useless after one or two big batches. I went through two of those until I just broke down and got a 5-stage from BRS. Best investment ever!
The issue with yours may be your PSI going in is too low or your source water has high contaminates.

I would go with a system more reliable and with a TDS meter so you know what is going in as well as out and with a PSI gauge...
I’ve got a TDS meter. I’m going in anywhere from 285 to 320. Coming out 1-3. Doesn’t take long for a new DI filter to start falling off. Starts out strong at 0, but after 20-30 gallons I’m up to 1-2. By 40 gallons I’m already hitting 3-4 and it’s toast according to the “color change. For the price I’m paying for replacement filters I could just buy RODI water from the LFS...

Paleozoic_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Manic Newbie look into getting one with a PSI gauge. If the PSI is too low you'll burn through media. This also happened to me where my water was coming into the BRS RODI system at 40 PSI. Luckily we moved before I bought a booster pump and now my new home has PSI going into the system at over 70 PSI.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 36 28.1%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 61 47.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back