RO/Di Booster pumps

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoeJoe822
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JoeJoe822

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2013
Messages
113
Reaction score
16
Location
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is everyone using/suggesting for booster pumps? I have a BRS 4stage 75gpd unit, but my Apt buildings pressure only runs about 42-44 psi...
 
At this point the only pump I would recommend is the Aquatec 8800 or maybe the equivalent Shurflo RO pump. There are a lot of imports and clones out there but most are not the same quality and do not last long term. I have been using an 8800 set at 95-100 psi for the last 7 years with zero issues and would not hesitate to buy another if the need arose.
 
The aquatech 8800 seems to be the standard when it comes to booster pumps. Just make sure when ordering to get a pressure switch along with the pump to automatically shut it off when the float valve closes.
 
Make sure it comes with the heavy duty power supply and the pressure switch. Many vendors price things separately and it can be confusing.
 
I had major noise/vibration issues with an aquatec 8800. Ended up moving to a Shurflo gold series and I'm far happier.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new